Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you carry impact tools?

How do you carry impact tools?

Guys that carry them do you go by the same doctrine as guns and knives?

I see a lot of pocket tools attached to key rings or dropped in pockets on instagram.

I've had no training in impact weapons but what works in terms of IFWA during a FUT?

I (legally) carry a sap in the right side cargo pocket of my Duluth pants. I can either cover with the flap, or have the handle showing, depending on circumstances or where I am. (That location puts it ready at hand.)

Flashlight gets clipped to my left front pocket.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I carry an ASP expanding baton in the trunk bag on my bike for dealing with aggressive dogs when I'm mountain biking. I keep the pocket unzipped for quick access.

A Boston Leather Midget gets carried 3 different ways depending on the pants worn.

5.11 pants with the goofy skinny front pocket.
    Name:  211-1.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  29.7 KBName:  211-2.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  30.5 KB

LAPG pants with the front slit pockets.
    Name:  LAPG-1.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  22.3 KBName:  LAPG-2.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  22.9 KB

All other pants using back pockets and Jackdog/Claude Werner plastic and duct tape holster
    Name:  Back1.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  19.1 KBName:  Back2.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  18.9 KB

Gringop
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

Foster Denver slapper in right rear pocket.

Name:  IMG_0808 (1).jpg
Views: 599
Size:  30.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0810.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  33.3 KB

Site Supporter
    In PA we can only have them while working. Mine rides in the jack pocket that we still have sewn into the right rear thigh of our uniform pants.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Site Supporter
    My midget rides in my right hip pocket in a
    Red Neck Tactical kydex pouch; a milk jug cut down, staples together then duck taped over the seams. Pretty hand and cheap method to carry a sap.

For the saps and jacks class I teach I had Cache Haggard make me several didcarry methods out of kydex and nylon webbing.

Site Supporter
    Here’s some other ideas for carrying your sap/Jack:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    And I make training saps if anyone interested…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually go front hip pocket. I pick among my saps the one that best fits in the pocket. It's heavy, like carrying a pocket pistol, thus it doesn't tend to walk around.

I have the loops on all of mine short/taped short such that only the pinky or ring finger can grab it. One thing I really like about Jack Cutting's saps is the ability to order them without a leather strap. Paracord works well and I can shorten or lengthen it to match how I want the draw stroke to happen. Usually it is hand into the pocket, pinky/ring finger finds the loop, draw out, wham.

Name:  IMG_0419.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  47.0 KB

Here, just hockey or BJJ finger tape to tape up the loop on my Boston Leather 2-ply midget.

Name:  IMG_0427.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  27.7 KB

I also have one of Guy Schnitzler's ( @Jackdog ) midget training saps, which is great, shown here compared to my Boston Leather Midget.

Name:  IMG_1430.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  27.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1431.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  23.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1434.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  24.5 KB

___

If I wanted a pocket holder that was a little more stable. I'd probably opt for kydex with a little hook on the edge to make sure it drew off on the draw stroke, like an AHolster. Although, to be honest, it's a sap/jack. Even if the kydex is still on the end, you can use the thing. If anything, it's going to draw blood from sharp kydex on the end.

User Tag List