Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Red dot match video

I hope she has a quick recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    We shot an eight stage match Sunday. Charlie was shooting very well, measurably better than even a few weeks ago at the Area match, due to focused daily practice. Unfortunately, on stage seven of the match, on an uneven surface, she had a bad fall. While she kept the gun pointed down range, she landed hard. She was nauseous and in too much pain to continue the match. She has a high pain tolerance, so I was concerned.

Here was her match video, ending with the fall.

She was uncomfortable overnight and couldn't lift her arm. After consulting with YVK, we headed in, and fortunately there is an urgent care ortho place in Bozeman. After X rays, we learned she broke the humerus in her right shoulder. They hope it will heal without surgery, but she needs to immobilize it for three weeks and avoid any more trauma.

If you want to see what a bad fall looks like, with remarkable muzzle discipline throughout, here you go.

Wow that is scary. I hope she recovers quickly! Major props to her for gun handling.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Red dot match video

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    ...on an uneven surface, she had a bad fall. While she kept the gun pointed down range, she landed hard. She was nauseous and in too much pain to continue the match. She has a high pain tolerance, so I was concerned.
    She was uncomfortable overnight and couldn't lift her arm. After consulting with YVK, we headed in, and fortunately there is an urgent care ortho place in Bozeman. After X rays, we learned she broke the humerus in her right shoulder. They hope it will heal without surgery, but she needs to immobilize it for three weeks and avoid any more trauma.

If you want to see what a bad fall looks like, with remarkable muzzle discipline throughout, here you go.
    That was a nasty fall. Charlie did an exemplary job of maintaining muzzle and finger discipline while burning off energy with her free arm. This would be an excellent video for new (or experienced) USPSA shooters to watch, and I'm going to keep the link handy.

I hope she heals up fast and gets back on the range soon. Please pass on a virtual P-F hug from all of us.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Cluster nailed it & as I stated last nite got her added to my prayer/positive vibe list.

Very sorry to hear of Charlie's misfortune. Terrific demonstration of muzzle discipline. Best wishes to her for a rapid and complete recovery.

All the best to her, GJM. Understanding the implications of the firearm in her hands and reacting appropriately during an unplanned event is a real world demonstration of automaticity if I have ever seen it. *Tip of the hat* Well done to Charlie!

More b class shredding at Area 3

"Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

The Match Director didn't intend anyone to shoot the stage quite like this. Wait for the end...

25A2C 25.35s HF5.16
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 08-20-2023 at 09:21 PM.

This was a well-designed stage because there were so may ways to shoot it. I saw at least 4 competitive stage plans that resulted in basically the same time. It came down to points, and I was down only 3C for a stage win. I was able to take 1st in CO.

Note the slow first shot (1.48s). I drew to a jacked grip, and invested the time to fix it. Really glad I did. Because points.

I went to my first USPSA match in like a year this past sunday. I did abysmally bad and I fudged up recording 2 stages so I only have 5 stages from it. I haven't gotten around to editing the video yet.

User Tag List