Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
Looking for blade and sheath that can clip to a pair of shorts with no belt.

Be able to grab it and stab unfriendly things a bunch. Reserve edges confuse me but I might be able to learn.
+1 for the Clinch Pick. My True EDC, at least here in Texas, where fixed blades are legally equal to folders, and concealed or open-carry makes no legal difference. When I do not wear a trousers belt, I still (usually) have my Waist Pouch belt, and also have a non-elastic belt-like strap that I can use, but that DSG clip-on sheath looks like something that I should acquire, forthwith, and give a try.

Having said that, big bad dogs may well require more than a Clinch Pick. A sharp blade does not cause much pain, so, the dog, like a human, may not notice the punctures and cuts, in the heat of the moment. A substantial impact tool, that can visually intimidate, and, as SouthNarc might say, smoke him in the grape, might well be a better first choice.

I realize that the OP did not mention firearms, but, I fell compelled to add that a firearm covers more situations, and with team attacks being dismayingly common, around here, well, I’ll just say that a firearm allows options that a contact weapon does not. One reason that I have been working a Baby Glock into my daily carry is because I may may to defend against the dog(s), and then have to deal with multiple irate people.