Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Fixed Blade Knife for Carry in Shorts

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Speaking of Golden Retrievers: it’s not the dog, it’s the owner. I was attacked by a Golden back when I was a youth. Of course, back when I was a youth, I was really, really into nunchaku. Hard maple nunchaku aside the chops will cause a dog that’s leaping bodily at your throat to twist themselves in the air and hit the ground running the other direction. Nunchaku will also drop a marauding goose like a stone, but that’s another story.
    Nunchucks vs. Golden Cujo AND an angry goose... you win the Internet today.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I'm sorry I gave mine to my nephew years ago. I used to enjoy delimbing trees with my chuks.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I mean, I’m an adult and a realist: so far as I know, no LE agency in the world—including Okinawa—issues nunchaku to their officers. There’s probably a reason. That admitted up front, I still get a small rush of power when I grab one of my sets and take it for a spin. The amount of things trying to harm me that I’ve hit with ‘chucks’ exceeds the amount of things I’ve shot or stabbed by infinity, so I remain a fan.

As an aside, next week is the 50th anniversary of “Enter the Dragon.” Yes, I did buy a row of theater tickets, and I’m taking a small pile of the local martial arts literati to see it on the big screen downtown.

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/...th-Anniversary
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Hey @Cookie Monster - I heard you recently took up golf. So your walking routine for prepping to walk 18-holes should also include some club swinging practice on different kinds of substrates. Of course, carrying your 9-iron is a bit tough, and you wouldn't want to damage any park turf.

So how about a big blackjac...err golf swing trainer?

CHAMPKEY Golf Swing Trainer - Tempo & Flexibility Training Aids Warm-Up Stick Ideal for Golf Indoor & Outdoor Practice https://a.co/d/cOwwSbT

Attachment 108128
    I love epic thread drift in PF.

I got a 3 oz Fox spray on me always, I palm it when unleashed dogs head my way.

Knife is a last resort, me planning scenerio E and F.

I did just take up golf, although a golf course is an absolute waste of a good rifle range.

I am about 5 to 10 years out from having enough gray to walk around with a hiking stick, though it seems the best plan A. I’ll get a Fanny pack at that time.

Thank you gentleman.

Site Supporter
    I mean, I’m an adult and a realist: so far as I know, no LE agency in the world—including Okinawa—issues nunchaku to their officers. There’s probably a reason. That admitted up front, I still get a small rush of power when I grab one of my sets and take it for a spin. The amount of things trying to harm me that I’ve hit with ‘chucks’ exceeds the amount of things I’ve shot or stabbed by infinity, so I remain a fan.

As an aside, next week is the 50th anniversary of “Enter the Dragon.” Yes, I did buy a row of theater tickets, and I’m taking a small pile of the local martial arts literati to see it on the big screen downtown.

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/...th-Anniversary
    It has been a long time since I read Mas Ayoob’s Modern Police Impact Weapons, but if I recall correctly, that book includes a photograph of a nunchaku made by Monadnock that was once considered for police use.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    I’ve ordered some mace spray.

I have thought about dogs a lot. That’ll be in the pocket.

It’s a lot more likely to need to defend yourself from a dog than a person.

Heck - I was chased by a dog as a kid loose in the woods.
    God Bless,

Brandon

I mean, I’m an adult and a realist: so far as I know, no LE agency in the world—including Okinawa—issues nunchaku to their officers.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I stand corrected. Very interesting. Especially the part about over 200 depts using that design. Not sure I buy that. Some cops using ‘chucks in the 80s? Oh yeah, I’d believe that for sure—no reason why they wouldn’t have fallen under the same influence as myself.

If anyone is buying, I can vouch for this outfit:

https://usanunchaku.com/product/purpleheart-nunchaku/
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

PS…
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List