Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: It's the second half of 2023...which 22 LR snub?

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    To me a J Frame carries, conceals in and draws from a front pocket far better than a 365, 43 etc., for me anyway... ymmv though.
    642 in my right front pocket.
    Truth!

Recently purchased a .22lr lcr thanks to this thread. My index is slow vs a p365 but the gun shoots great. Split times were slow for me at .30 too but that is me.

The gun was able to hold headshots out to 15 yards easily.

I am quite impressed

Debating getting another lcr for carry and which caliber

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    To me a J Frame carries, conceals in and draws from a front pocket far better than a 365, 43 etc., for me anyway... ymmv though.
    If there is anything "procedurally" better for pocket carry - that covers more than weight, or size, alone - I have not found it. The farther one moves from the Model 40 (or the 42 for the weight conscious), the colder one gets.

S&W's hit-or-miss QC keeps me from getting a 43C as my REALLY old man's CCW gun...

...for now.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    If there is anything "procedurally" better for pocket carry - that covers more than weight, or size, alone - I have not found it. The farther one moves from the Model 40 (or the 42 for the weight conscious), the colder one gets.

S&W's hit-or-miss QC keeps me from getting a 43C as my REALLY old man's CCW gun...

...for now.
    Yes sir, I'd add a 351C to the possibles as well, but...
    We're back to reality of hit or miss QC.

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    ...for now.
    How old are you now? Maybe buy a 43c now and it will give you time to send it back a few times to get it right before you become a REALLY old man.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    How old are you now? Maybe buy a 43c now and it will give you time to send it back a few times to get it right before you become a REALLY old man.
    I'm still semi-spry and short of seventy trips around the sun. With the current S&W QC issues, it would be an even bet that I could pass for Tim Conway's "The Oldest Man" character by the time that hypothetical 43C was 100%.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Recently purchased a .22lr lcr thanks to this thread. My index is slow vs a p365 but the gun shoots great. Split times were slow for me at .30 too but that is me.

The gun was able to hold headshots out to 15 yards easily.

I am quite impressed

Debating getting another lcr for carry and which caliber
    My LCR22 is a constant companion but my LCR38 still has a place. I am, most likely, one bored night and a glass of scotch away from ordering the LCR327.

I have also been impressed with how accurate the 22 is at 15-25yds with a variety of ammo.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    My LCR22 is a constant companion but my LCR38 still has a place. I am, most likely, one bored night and a glass of scotch away from ordering the LCR327.

I have also been impressed with how accurate the 22 is at 15-25yds with a variety of ammo.
    Agreed with accuracy. I do have a hard time at 25 into a B8 with the sights (too used to dot). But no issues shooting with it and groups well

Once really nice benefit is that it makes the p365 I edc feel like a stacatto after trigger wise.

Easy sub 3 second bill drills from concealment after shooting the DA trigger haha

User Tag List