Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the second half of 2023...which 22 LR snub?

It's the second half of 2023...which 22 LR snub?

It's late 2023 and S&W and Ruger quality has been all over the place it seems in the past few years.

I want a 22LR snub. I plan to use Hamre Forge grips IWB (similar to Barami Hip Grips).

S&W 43C or Ruger LCR?

My recommendation for a 7 shot snub. Reliable if you use mini-mags. I'll show myself out.

I did this last year.
    Started with an LCR. It ran perfectly but the shape of the trigger face irritated my finger so badly I had to make a plastic guard and tape it to my finger.
    43C next, with trepidation because I'd had one in 2016 that was required two trips back to S&W to make it through the first cylinder.
    This one had zero issues, and a better trigger pull than my LCR, which wasn't bad at all.

LCR is enough larger/heavier to matter for pocket use, but if you're belt carrying that's moot.

Sights are equivalent, as is capacity.

I would say from other threads on this that the Ruger is lower risk, and will resale easily if you don't like it.
    S&W seems to have largely sorted these out, but still has QC lapses. They will-eventually-make it right.

Is the Taurus option on the table?

I’ve bought one used and one new 43C this year. I’d read of others issues but so far they’ve been fine.

Site Supporter
    Maybe the newer ones are reliable, but I have an older blued one that has had nearly every part in it replaced and it has issues reliably igniting rounds. I can't even really sell it as it wouldn't feel right to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    My recommendation for a 7 shot snub. Reliable if you use mini-mags. I'll show myself out.

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    Maybe the newer ones are reliable, but I have an older blued one that has had nearly every part in it replaced and it has issues reliably igniting rounds. I can't even really sell it as it wouldn't feel right to me.
    There’s a great rebate on them now too.. $150!

Though personally my vote is buy all the rimfires. 🤷🏻*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post

My recommendation for a eleven shot .22 snub

Name:  IMG_0793.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  57.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    Is the Taurus option on the table?
    Are you talking about the Taurus 942?

I don't know anything about it. How does it compare to the LCR and 43C?

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    Are you talking about the Taurus 942?

I don't know anything about it. How does it compare to the LCR and 43C?
    That’s the one. I have no direct experience with the 942, but I want one. From what I’ve seen online, similar size as the other options. Since S&W has been having questionable QC lately, I was looking into alternatives and saw the 942, and hopefully with the new direction of Taurus it may be a good contender.

User Tag List