Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mo money needed

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    In recent years, we have been met with two significant economic challenges:

a rising rate of inflation and escalating operational costs.
    I don't have an econ degree but even I know this is actually one problem, not two. But staying with faulty logic may help them, they could double their money by cutting it all in half.

Oxford dictionary...
    ECONOMICS
    Inflation: a general increase in prices and fall in the purchasing value of money.

Side question: does USPSA publish their membership numbers anywhere? Just asking due to idle curiosity. If they do, it would be interesting to see how membership numbers change this fall, stacked up against previous years.

Also, just so I am clear, what is the current annual membership rate, before the hike? $40?

This is the annual rate, Rich. It went into effect yesterday right after the vote. The old was $40 for a membership with a colorful paper full of Jake Martens writings, and $25 without it.

USPSA publishes their numbers and those numbers are full of crap. They keep saying they are 35k strong but only 20+K are eligible to vote, and only 6k or so do vote. Best guess estimate is that 5-7K members are actively shooting matches at any given point.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    This is the annual rate, Rich. It went into effect yesterday right after the vote. The old was $40 for a membership with a colorful paper full of Jake Martens writings, and $25 without it.

USPSA publishes their numbers and those numbers are full of crap. They keep saying they are 35k strong but only 20+K are eligible to vote, and only 6k or so do vote. Best guess estimate is that 5-7K members are actively shooting matches at any given point.
    Thanks, I took a moment and went back and looked at my renewals. 2017 through 2019, I paid $25 per year, then 2020 and 2021, I paid $40. I opted not to renew in 2022, but IIRC it was $40. Appreciate the numbers on membership, I believe that.

In perusing the USPSA web site, I stumbled on this in the About USPSA section:

The United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) is the national governing body of practical shooting in the United States under the International Practical Shooting Confederation (IPSC).
    Our over 37,000 active members and over 440 affiliated clubs makes USPSA the largest practical shooting organization in the United States and the second largest region within IPSC after the Russian Federation of Practical Shooting. USPSA publishes a member magazine called the USPSA Magazine six times a year.

USPSA is a 501c(3) non-profit Delaware corporation and currently headquartered in Burlington, Washington. The association is organized into 8 "Areas", each of which is represented by an Area Director at the board meetings of the organization. Further, each Area is divided into sections which is represented by a Section Coordinator responsible for coordinating the activities of clubs within his/ her section, and managing the nationals slot distribution process.

I guess it never occurred to me that USPSA is a non-profit. Huh.

Site Supporter
    $65 to just shoot local matches? I've been doing yearly for things like this as frankly, I don't know how long I got left to be able to shoot. This is getting a touch much. A local gun club I was a member of in TX had a $50 dollar fee. If you were late, it was $100. So, guess what they lost half their members on that one. A small penalty perhaps but grownups don't take to be punished by club tyrants.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

A fun fact: an Enos forum thread on this subject was closed within 15 minutes. Long live pf.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    The old was $40 for a membership with a colorful paper full of Jake Martens writings
    Did it also come with a copy of his business card to check out his inventory of guns that were in the magazine? Or was that only for members in Indiana?

Multiple board members have asked for accurate membership numbers. They're as forthcoming with those as financial statements. Just as YML about how forthcoming people are with financial statements.

LOL, I'm out. Not renewing when membership expires in a few months.

Site Supporter
    Ditto, my meds just went up. Those I need. My club doesn't demand membership.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

IDPA is $50 per year so at least in the ballpark.

User Tag List