Three Year

$195.00

Five Year

$325.00

Lifetime

$1000.00

Benefactor

$3000.00

Relative to old prices, 60% increase for a membership. I've not been watching the markets lately: is that sufficient to offset the inflation and current eggs prices?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Shoulda

Shoulda gotten that lifetime membership last year when I had the chance!

This is on the USPSA membership page:

Today, we, the USPSA Board of Directors, would like to share an important update regarding our membership fee structure. This structure has remained unchanged for more than 20 years, reflecting our steadfast commitment to maintaining accessibility to the sport of competitive shooting. However, due to the steady rise in the cost of operations, we have been forced to reassess this position to ensure the sustainability of our organization. Consequently, we will be implementing a modest increase in membership fees, effective from your next renewal cycle and immediately for all new memberships.

In recent years, we have been met with two significant economic challenges: a rising rate of inflation and escalating operational costs. Inflation has continuously eroded the purchasing power of every dollar we receive, hindering our ability to maintain the high level of services we strive to provide. Meanwhile, the costs associated with operating USPSA, from hosting national events to staff training, insurance, and technology upgrades, have significantly increased.

In response to these challenges, we have proactively implemented several cost-saving measures. We have exited our office space, transitioning to a remote work model that has not only saved significant rental and operational costs but has also allowed us to continue functioning efficiently during these unpredictable times. We have also carefully evaluated our events, reducing the number of national events without compromising the quality of competition and experiences you have come to expect. Furthermore, staff travel has been cut to only essential events, contributing further to our cost-saving efforts.

However, despite these efforts, the economic pressures of inflation and rising costs persist. Therefore, after careful consideration over the past year and a half, the USPSA Board has made the challenging decision to adjust the membership fees. This decision will enable us to offset the impacts of inflation, manage escalating costs, and ensure the continued growth and longevity of our organization.
    We want to reassure you that every dollar of your membership fee is used judiciously and strategically for the betterment of our USPSA community. Your contributions directly support the enhancement and expansion of the services we provide and help us foster a vibrant and exciting future for the sport we all love.

We understand the concerns that changes like this might bring and are available to answer any questions you may have regarding this adjustment. We deeply appreciate your understanding, patience, and continued support during this time.
    Thank you for being a valued member of USPSA. It's your passion for competitive shooting that forms the core of our organization, and we're committed to ensuring this spirit thrives for many years to come.
    Last edited by JCN; 07-28-2023 at 11:18 PM.

Makes me even more happy that I went for the life membership back in 2015…

I'm glad I haven't gotten the life thing as it would've robbed me of an option not to renew in just about one month.

Running a Presidential election every few months doesn't come cheap.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Well. This isn't exactly going to help me rejoin USPSA this fall.

$65 for...what exactly?

As a local participant, I'm looking at an hour one way drive to the club in Gainsville FL, perhaps monthly, from October to May. This is for a 3 hour activity in which I am shooting five stages, approximately 30 seconds each, expending maybe 125 rounds of ammo. At each match, there may or may not be one Classifier stage, of which I have to shoot a minimum of four (taking me four months, in my case), to receive a classification rating.

I don't have any illusions about shooting at a Regional or National event. As a former member, I don't recall Front Sight magazine being useful for anything other than lining the bottom of birdcages. It generally arrived in the mailbox, was flipped through standing in front of the bin, and after concluding, yep, another bunch of ads for "match shirts" and outrageously priced open guns, was promptly thrown in to the recycling. (later in my membership I opted out of the printed copy. I thought it was worthless, if you can't tell).

I don't know what IT or infrastructure costs are, but tech refresh is a thing, and I have no problem with that. Insurance, who knows. Maybe liability or legal fees have gone up? I'm not sure what "staff training" is. But a 65% cost increase? This does not sit well with me.

At this point, assuming it is still possible for me to shoot my local matches as a non-USPSA member, I will most likely not rejoin USPSA this fall. I don't see any benefit for the cost. The price increase is not the only reason (although it does not help), the other being the continued shenanigans in re the President / situation wrt YML. USPSA just does not give me the impression it is a very well run organization.

I sincerely hope that other action pistol groups pop up which offer a similar experience, but are not affiliated with USPSA, at all. I would definitely look into them.

Gotta fund the corruption some how.
    Taking a break from social media.

It's baffling that there isn't a discount for 3 and 5 year memberships. Are there no business professionals involved in USPSA? Never mind, stupid question.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Consequently, we will be implementing a modest increase in membership fees.....
    They think that a 65% increase is modest? Damn. I'd hate to hear what they would consider exorbitant.
    Last edited by Spartan1980; 07-29-2023 at 09:18 AM. Reason: spelling

There's also no way to get an associate membership now and opt out of their useless magazine.

The fact that they raised prices doesn't bug me much. The fact that they did it without addressing the all-time-high concerns for their fiscal responsibility and transparency is a sign of continuous tone deafness. I just told them fu by voting for YML, again and I am happy to repeat the fu part by not renewing in September.

User Tag List