Thread: Another Pikal folder that crossed my inbox…

Another Pikal folder that crossed my inbox…

Looks good; priced absurdly well. @RevolverRob @Clusterfrack

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

The designer goes by Tiguass on IG: https://www.instagram.com/tiguass/

He has a few designs out now in addition to the one you linked.

http://instagram.com/p/Cu4tpGQPwAj/

http://instagram.com/p/CqQMzOWsqMy/

And speaking of Pikal-oriented folders - Dirk Pinkerton has this design coming out with Kizer I think.

http://instagram.com/p/CtwiEurOju-/

Pikal-style blades are the hotness right now on Knifestagram. Like Sayoc-style blades were a few years ago. Everyone is doing a pikal style fixed blade it seems and many more pikal-oriented folders. Honestly, the growth has been guys like Dirk and Tiguass being able to get access to OE-level manufacturing in China. 3D models are being turned into production-ready prototypes within 6-12 months and then being for sale within the next 6-12 months after that. It's crazy.

It is nuts. Good to see from my porch over in folder-only WA state, though. That new iteration of the inversion looks like it might take care of my only beef with the older Kizer/Pinkerton collab: the scales were smooth metal. This second iteration looks like it has some texture to it.

Who am I kidding? I’ll have to add all of this stuff to the collection as it rolls out.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    It is nuts. Good to see from my porch over in folder-only WA state, though. That new iteration of the inversion looks like it might take care of my only beef with the older Kizer/Pinkerton collab: the scales were smooth metal. This second iteration looks like it has some texture to it.

Who am I kidding? I’ll have to add all of this stuff to the collection as it rolls out.
    I like being spoiled for choice, for sure. The new Inversion does look good. Bigger in form factor than a P'Kal, likely making it more like a folding Disciple, but there are worse things.

The main thrust (heh) of these choices though is that pikal is going mainstream. And that's good news for all reversos.

Like you guys, I’m thrilled to see more reverse edge folders. I like flippers, so that’s a welcome feature as well.

I’ve gravitated towards truly neutral knives that work well in any grip, but it will be hard to pass on these.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Looks good; priced absurdly well. @RevolverRob @Clusterfrack

I’d be curious how this could be set up for a repeatable, seamless quick opening. One of the most genius parts of Craig’s P’kal folder design (and zip tie mod adaptations of other Spyderco models) is the way you get it open in one seamless motion and go to work without a lot of fumble-fuckery. In my experience flippers tend to result in a bit of fumble-fuckery. Or maybe my technique is shit.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

That is tré hipster^^^

User Tag List