Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ P07 RDS Question

CZ P07 RDS Question

After many years of AIWB with striker fired pistols, I’m transitioning to CZ hammer fired pistol: the P07.

I have about 500 rounds through it with the Dawson sights, and want to add a red dot. Most of my RDS experience is with Holosun, and I happen to have a 502C and a 504k available. The smaller 504k seems well proportioned to the gun, but of course the 502 has a much larger window, and sun charging ability as well.

Just curious if any one here has put an RDS on their P07, as well as what decision they made?

BTW, it’s already been to CJW for their upgrade service and is a pleasure to shoot.

Your thoughts?

Name:  IMG_1932.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  97.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1931.jpg
Views: 887
Size:  99.1 KB

Thank you,

George

Also, Scott Milam of Impact Machine is right across the river here, so he’ll be doing the milling and mounting.
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Stand by for details. I’m on the road now.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

CZ P07 RDS Question

I have 4 P-07s, 2 milled for RDS (509t2 & EPS) with irons forward by Stone Bridge Gunworks. As you can see from the second image, I use very low BUIS with a ‘center of window’ hold. There’s another thread about that somewhere.

If CGW can do the work, that should be about the best possible. Do you have a Prograde kit installed? If not, they can do it for you as well.

The EPS is my current recommendation for CCW, although the 509t2 isn’t much larger and is totally bombproof.

A smaller optic wouldn’t be my choice.

Site Supporter
    I would use an EPS Carry.

CZ P07 RDS Question

Here’s the low buis thread. For some reason, it’s hard to get people to understand this approach, and a diagram helps a lot.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....up-Iron-Sights

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I would use an EPS Carry.
    EPS carry is a pretty small optic for a G19+ size gun, IMO.

I have a carry that’s going on a G26.

Site Supporter
    I used Primary Machine for a CZ RDS cut on a P09 and the BUIS they suggested gave me a cowitness on the very veeeery bottom of the window and honestly, it's the best RDS setup I've ever messed with (not saying much, my experience is limited to LTT RDO slides and MOS Glocks). The window of my Holosun is basically unobstructed by any iron sights whatsoever but it's still usable should it stop working.

Also...it makes the gun very stupid easy to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post
    I have about 500 rounds through it with the Dawson sights, and want to add a red dot. Most of my RDS experience is with Holosun, and I happen to have a 502C and a 504k available. The smaller 504k seems well proportioned to the gun, but of course the 502 has a much larger window, and sun charging ability as well.
    Hey congrats and nice choice in gun.

I don't think you can go wrong with either footprint and the sights that go along with them.

As a nomenclature nit to pick: Holosun uses "507" for both their "C" and "K" versions... so there isn't a 502 nor 504. They're both 507s.... even though they have different footprints.

Their nomenclature is as confusing as Smith and Wesson to me!

Generally 407 are single dot no multi-reticle.

New Trijicon RCR is a C (RMR) footprint and EPS / EPS carry is a K (Shield RMSc) footprint.

Clear as mud? Hope that helps!
    Last edited by JCN; 07-26-2023 at 04:06 PM.

I think EPS and EPScarry have the same footprint?

Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post
    After many years of AIWB with striker fired pistols, I’m transitioning to CZ hammer fired pistol: the P07.

Just curious if any one here has put an RDS on their P07, as well as what decision they made?

BTW, it’s already been to CJW for their upgrade service and is a pleasure to shoot.

Your thoughts?

Name:  IMG_1932.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  97.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1931.jpg
Views: 887
Size:  99.1 KB

Thank you,

George

Also, Scott Milam of Impact Machine is right across the river here, so he’ll be doing the milling and mounting.
    Wager Machine Works can do the cut.

The slide is so skinny I would run a eps or eps carry (eps full sized makes more sense probably)

User Tag List