Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AAR: Frank Proctor 3-Day Pistol & Carbine on Oct. 19-21, 2012 Los Angeles, CA

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    In our two day my son and I were in sponge mode so much I consciously avoided distracting all of us too much with guns and gear talk - there was so much "software to load" but he mentioned building the rifle he was using with us (Oct 15th, 16th) and it looked remarkably like the one pictured here.
    Thanks for the insight, I was wondering if anyone knew who made the rifle he is using in the pictures/videos?
    Last edited by Skold; 10-27-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skold View Post
    Thanks for the insight, I was wondering if anyone knew who made the rifle he is using in the pictures/videos?
    He mentions it on his FB page here. Hope that helps.
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSet View Post
    He mentions it on his FB page here. Hope that helps.
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
    Thanks SuperSet, From what I can tell it is a Troy upper on his rifle in the pictures.... not sure about the lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Skold View Post
    Thanks SuperSet, From what I can tell it is a Troy upper on his rifle in the pictures.... not sure about the lower.
    You're correct in that it's a 13" Troy Alpha BattleRail. I think it's a LaRue lower with CNC trigger and Ergo grip. If you haven't noticed already, it's a parts gun and this is usually what he'll recommend. Find the parts you like and put it together.

A bit of a necropost but I judged it worth it this time. This is such a great Frank Proctor AAR thread I thought it ok to put this here.
    Unfortunately as far as I know this vid is only loaded to Way of the Gun's Facebook page.

But it's pretty epic Frank. http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=157866691034478

The story with it is that he's is having some fun during a shotgun class at his home range. For those without access to see it . . . spoiler alert. Frank hammers two close poppers very quickly with the shotgun then runs to his right. As he's running a clay pigeon is launched and he shoots the clay pigeon out of air ON THE RUN then stops and hammers a another steel silo with a slug at the back of his long bay - about 120 yards I'd guess from where he was when he took the shot. All very quick.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Like a boss! I'm signed up for Frank's class at Echo Valley in April - definitely looking forward to it.

User Tag List