Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Springfield 2020 rimfire

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    I would get a Bergara B-14R before thinking about a Turkish Springfield. They are much more popular and have a solid reputation for accuracy. R700 footprint so you can use the same triggers and stocks, and the scope mounts are the same. You can also purchase them as a barreled action and add the components to fit your preference.

Mine shoots sub MOA at 100 yards with match ammo.
    Thanks! I'd pretty much forgotten about the 2020 due to the lack of discussion but saw a couple on the wall of a LGS recently which reminded me of them. Considering my use case of "i just want yet another .22 rifle to punch paper at 25-50 yards for fun with whatever bulk ammo I have on hand", I see no reason to pass up a US made Ruger (or maybe Savage?) for about the same money.

Not looking for another .22 bolt right now, but I'll file this away for future reference.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

For bulk ammo, I would still do a CZ 457 in some flavor, probably a Varmint or American, but a Ruger American is decent.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Last year I picked up gently used (maybe unfired) 455 or 457 that was on consignment at a LGS but the youngest boy pestered it out of me before I ever got it to the range. I probably just need to go ahead and buy one as my "nice" .22 bolt action.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List