Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Springfield 2020 rimfire

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    When I was really, really wanting a new bolt action .22 a while back, a Bergara checked many of the boxes but I couldn’t convince myself that I wanted yet another magazine type to keep track of.

This solves that problem (assuming the accuracy is there).
    I ended up with Bergara for a benchrest rifle. The mags were a hassle to get, I have a couple now and I'm sure they will last as long as me. I had read that the 10/22 mag was an accuracy issue in itself, deforming bullets as they make their way through it.

Not sure if it would matter a whole lot given my skill level, and ammunition selections, but it soothed the pain of adding another mag to the mix.

https://grabagun.com/firearms/rifles...ngfield+Armory
    In stock at grab a gun. 399 is the cheapest
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    I ended up with Bergara for a benchrest rifle. The mags were a hassle to get, I have a couple now and I'm sure they will last as long as me. I had read that the 10/22 mag was an accuracy issue in itself, deforming bullets as they make their way through it.
    This, there is a reason Bergera/Vudoo/RimX/ ultimatum duece AICS rimfire pattern repeaters are controlled round feed actions. Does it matter for a squirrel/tin can rifle- no. But if your trying to squeeze the most juice from the orange with a rimfire repeater getting the bullet into the chamber w/o deformation and having a chamber that was reamed by a accuracy oriented reamer dimensions is advisable.
    Skinner Precision LLC official Account
    07 Manufacturer specializing in Competition Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Beautiful but pricy for a Turkish gun. I wonder what the markup is?
    You could say similar about all of Springfield's imported guns.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Interesting, but I don’t see anything about it that would distract me from something like a Ruger American.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse870 View Post
    https://grabagun.com/firearms/rifles...ngfield+Armory
    In stock at grab a gun. 399 is the cheapest
    Its $499 for the cheapest model that doesn't have the target stock. To me that's a lot of money for a walk about 22

Does anyone here have any meaningful time behind one of these yet? Any feedback, good, bad or ugly? Any compelling reasons (besides US vs Turkish) to pick one over a comparable Ruger American Rimfire (NOT the RPRR)?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I would get a Bergara B-14R before thinking about a Turkish Springfield. They are much more popular and have a solid reputation for accuracy. R700 footprint so you can use the same triggers and stocks, and the scope mounts are the same. You can also purchase them as a barreled action and add the components to fit your preference.

Mine shoots sub MOA at 100 yards with match ammo.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I have had one for several months, the 'sage' colored target model. It feels very good, solid, comfortable and seems well made. Unfortunately mine seems to suffer the same issue as many others have reported. Although I haven't shot mine a ton it has the bad habit of tossing a round or two from each magazine. To be fair I haven't tried a bunch of different types of ammo, nor put any premium rimfire ammo, I do own several very nice bolt action rimfires including a few CZ 457s, a Tikka T1x which is partichlarly accurate and a Bergara BMR. With my abilities with these romfires it gives me at least a foundation from which to assess the SA 2020, which is the least consistent bolt action rimfire I have.

BTW..... There is a lengthy thread over at a forum dedicated to rimfires about this gun, and many owners report similar results. Just my $. 02. YMMV.....

User Tag List