Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disclosing CCW to LEs?

I honestly don't even want to know you're carrying on a traffic stop unless your version of "carrying" is the gun is in your glove box keeping your insurance card from blowing away. If it becomes important to me, I'm going to ask you if you're armed or I'm just going to pat you down.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    In addition to the above post.

Car stops & incidental contacts… keep the hands where I can see them and just tell me you have a carry permit and are armed. I’ll tell you how to proceed from there.

Social situations : don’t ask, don’t tell, don’t print.
    State Statute will dictate that. Not all states are a duty to inform State.

I assume everyone is carrying. I am appreciative when people tell me they are armed but I assume everyone is. Even more so now that we have constitutional carry here in Florida.

Site Supporter
    Some states are “ duty to inform” during a formal interaction with police that requires the rendering of identification.

During a social interaction it is no different then any other social interaction: blabbering on about your carry piece is a rookie and immature move that will only cause 300x more problems than you bargain for… especially in 2023.

I usually do the FBI credential flip (as seen on any number of tv shows…if you’re not familiar) and announce in a command voice “ WSR…CPL holder, I got your back if shit goes sideways”

They seem to really appreciate it

Here in Texas, if you are carrying concealed and hold a Texas Concealed Handgun License, you must present the CHL when stopped and declare that you are carrying a concealed weapon. If not you could have your CHL taken away thus also removing many privileges that come along with having one. Texas now has permit less carry so presenting the CHL is not required since it is not required. If I am stopped for any reason I always hand the LEO my identification with the CHL on top.

User Tag List