Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Suppressor Choice

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Unless you're looking for organizational duty use or flow-through designs, I can't find a reason to buy anything other than the YHM cans.

With that said, I feel like we might be at an inflection point where flow-through designs are about to become more popular and cheaper...maybe YHM will produce one for $400...and so I've been holding off on buying more cans.
    The latest generation of the Turbo claims to have reduced back pressure. I don’t believe it’s flow-through though.

ETA: I just checked the site and the exact wording they’re using in advertising is “reduced blowback” due to redesigned baffle geometry. I’m also curious to see if they do come out with a flow-through suppressor but I don’t see it happening anytime soon because the Turbo T3, Turbo K-RB and Fat Cat were only revealed at SHOT this year.
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 08-02-2023 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    The latest generation of the Turbo claims to have reduced back pressure. I don’t believe it’s flow-through though.

ETA: I just checked the site and the exact wording they’re using in advertising is “reduced blowback” due to redesigned baffle geometry. I’m also curious to see if they do come out with a flow-through suppressor but I don’t see it happening anytime soon because the Turbo T3, Turbo K-RB and Fat Cat were only revealed at SHOT this year.
    When I think of suppressors, "soon" to me means 5 years. The NFA process makes it a long game, at least for me.

IDK. I still might pick up a T3, just because big long suppressors are cool.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Outside my lane.

In the mid 2000's, I went to Tac Con in Tulsa. There, Surefire was demoing their cans.

They were super transparent in that:

1. We are not the cheapest
    2. We are not the quietest
    3. Our mount will be proprietary
    4. Our device will have little to no effect re point of impact.
    5. Weapons with our cans will function as designed when shooting quality, in spec ammo

Folks then spent the next few hours shooting an AR in 556 and a bolt gun in 762 at 50 and 100. Both guns exhibited no meaningful differences between groups regardless of the weapon having the can on the gun.
    Folks were shooting very repeatable and predictable groups. IIRC the AR had an Aimpoint, the 762 had some variable powered high end scope, maybe S&B?

IIRC, their stated noise reduction goal was it had to quiet the gun enough to be "comfortably" shot in a hall of an apartment while the "team" was in a stack etc.

I left impressed and convinced that they were the ones to use in the long gun context.

YMMV greatly and I would happily defer to those in the know.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    4. Our device will have little to no effect re point of impact.
    That's not really possible on many different platforms, it's simple physics that adding a big ass weight at the end of the barrel is going to shift the POA/POI. Rather, SureFire excels at having extremely consistent POA/POI shift.

Waiting to see when the RC3 comes out. I believe the rumors are that it'll be a flowthrough design, some folks have uncovered some patent submissions IIRC. That being said, SureFire being SureFire, if they announce the RC3 at SHOT 2024 or whatever, I'd expect like a 2027 release.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1512457
    Quote Originally Posted by Rack View Post
    Thanks for all the great info in this thread. I’m still wading through the options that have been presented.

As for a baffle strike, I don’t remember how he said he had one, it’s been a while. I didn’t know if that was common or not.
    Stumbled onto this thread and subscribed for future reference,.. That said, I have ZERO knowledge or experience with suppressors, but my thread on BLAZER BRASS FMJ SPALL, might well be relevant. Especially in light of the above quoted comment.

With regards to potential for baffle strikes,.. this could be very important to know,…

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1512457

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks much.

User Tag List