Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adjustment Issues Holosun 507 ACSS

Adjustment Issues Holosun 507 ACSS

Replace a 507C ACSS with the subject RDS. Before I did so I sighted over the sight base and the ACSS chevron was sitting right at the top of the front sight. I can't get close to that with the COMP and, yes, the sight bases are identical thickness. Anyone have out-of-adjustment issues with any of that configuration Holosun? (507C and the like)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    Replace a 507C ACSS with the subject RDS. Before I did so I sighted over the sight base and the ACSS chevron was sitting right at the top of the front sight. I can't get close to that with the COMP and, yes, the sight bases are identical thickness. Anyone have out-of-adjustment issues with any of that configuration Holosun? (507C and the like)
    If you haven't shot it yet, consider that the larger glass probably requires a different mounting angle of the emitter - and you're probably zero'd lower than you think.

I have put a 507 Comp on a Glock 47 and a SA Echelon, and both installations took almost no adjustment from how the optic came out of the box. What is the Comp installed on and with what, if any, plate?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    The only adjustment issue I’ve had across nearly 20 hollow sun optics was a 407K installed on a SIG P322 which ran out of windage adjustment.

Long story short, there was nothing wrong with the optic. It was an installation error. There was enough play in the mount that the optic was installed canted to one side.

In this case, remember the 507 comp has a larger window and for practical purposes, red dot pistol optics are Parallex free.

It sounds like you went from having a small window optic, which provided a true co-witness to a large window optic, which is now providing a lower third or lower quarter co-witness.

Assuming your irons are zeroed, to check co-witness you need to ignore the dot, get a proper sight picture with irons and only then note where the dot is in relation to your irons sight picture.

Heading to the range this am. Essentially, I was using the front sight and sight base as "irons" which aligned with the dot on the previous RDS. The COMP wasn't close and I verified with my boresight laser. FWIW, I get parallax; first head-up display I worked on was in 1976 or so; think RDS with a 4" eye box. I'll report back.

Good news: the screws were perhaps one thread pitch too long which contributed to the issue
    Bad News: Yes, I can hit a 12" plate at 20 yards, but I'm at the adjustment limit. Sight will probably have to go back to Holosun, but I'm going to reassess tomorrow.

Good news: the screws were perhaps one thread pitch too long which contributed to the issue
    Bad News: Yes, I can hit a 12" plate at 20 yards, but I'm at the adjustment limit. Sight will probably have to go back to Holosun, but I'm going to reassess tomorrow.
    What pistol, what plate, what direction off?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What pistol, what plate, what direction off?
    Pistol: Kimber HD Pro Carry II
    Plate: still working that. I've had 4 various handguns milled from plates and I can't find the email thread for that particular gun
    Direction Off: Hitting low and at limit of adjustment

No problem mounting the 507C (ACSS) and achieving a good POI.

Pistol: Kimber HD Pro Carry II
    Plate: still working that. I've had 4 various handguns milled from plates and I can't find the email thread for that particular gun
    Direction Off: Hitting low and at limit of adjustment

No problem mounting the 507C (ACSS) and achieving a good POI.
    I have somewhere in my memory, that a 1911/2011 requires a slant up for the plate. See the Kimber description:

https://store.kimberamerica.com/optic-plate-vortex

I posted this in your duplicate thread the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    If it runs out of adjustment in real life, then this can help:

https://www.amazon.com/Ade-Advanced-...s%2C238&sr=8-3

It’s a 1 degree shim. I’ve used it for revolvers and for one of my 2011s where the cut had too much slope. Interesting that the 507 comp might have that limitation, thanks for sharing this! Check it out on the range and consider a shim if you’re truly out of adjustment.
    It's a common thing to happen with 2011s and revolvers.

User Tag List