Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh no! Jim Scoutten passes.

Oh no! Jim Scoutten passes.

Name:  IMG_3358.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  38.2 KB

RIP. May your booming baritone bless the pearly gates.

Sad to hear this. He did some interesting work and educated many.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

That Sucks!... he was a good Man.

Sorry to hear. Rest in peace sir.

Wow. I literally just watched an episode last night right before I saw this. Very said news.

I always respected him. About a year ago, I sent him an email asking if I could use a particular segment in a training I was doing. Not only did he not have a problem with it, he mailed me a copy of the isolated segment on a USB drive almost immediately. Made me respect him even more.

Condolences to his family. He will be missed.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    In the mid 90s when I was in college I was astounded to find a TV show on shooting. It was called American Shooter and I watched every episode. Thanks Jim.
    Adam

Sure hate to hear this.
    Met him back in the nineties when I did mounted cavalry CW reenacting. A couple of us were chosen to do film reviews of two old weapons..... The Starr revolver and the Whitworth rifle. He was a very personable and approachable person. Sorry to hear of his passing.

I've watched a few videos from Shooting USA and always appreciated how informative and very to-the-point Jim was with them.

Rest In Peace Mr. Scoutten
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

I remember one episode of Shooting USA back in the 90s(?) where he picked up a Nightforce rifle scope, said something about it, and then started whacking it on the tabletop like it was a hammer. Then said words to the effect of "this is a two thousand dollar riflescope...and that didn't matter because it's a Nightforce" model ABC123 or whatever it was they were touting as their hard-use military optic at the time.

Up until then all we had at home were Tascos and I knew some high falutin types had Leupolds. Jim Scoutten banging that scope on the table was probably the single most effective marketing work for an optics company I've ever seen. And probably had a non-zero effect on buying an ATACR over a Vortex Viper 30-ish years later.

I just saw this on a car guy's IG. I had no idea Jim Scoutten was his Dad. RIP Mr. Scoutten

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cu5nZ2rg...RlODBiNWFlZA==

User Tag List