Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG ROMEO X

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    I think he meant enclosed 6 moa
    The Romeo X models (the subject here) is not enclosed and commercially the enclosed M17 optic is still in the pre-release stage.

They have a history of offering other models in 6 MOA so it’s a bit early (and disingenuous) to be declaring they are “not interested” in making 6 MOA optics.

They are interested in making what ever institutions and individuals will buy.

I’m a fan of larger dots but Betamax was better than VHS and we know how that turned out.
    Last edited by HCM; 08-11-2023 at 04:58 PM.

Some of this may already be posted. Apologies if it is.

Here is some rear sight / deck height measurements for the Holosun EPS Carry and the SIG Romeo-X Compact.

Measuring from the sight base plate to the top of the rear sight.

Holosun .293"
    X Compact .322"

And then the Romeo-X Pro which fits the Pro or Leupold footprint. Measured from sight base to top of rear.

X Pro .342"

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I have spent some time shooting the new Sig Romeo X with the DP Pro cut. It is a very interesting optic. Has basically the Holosun arrangement of 2 moa dot, circle and circle dot. The X does some things well. It has a very bright dot intensity (brighter than a Holosun 2 dot) which allows you to bloom it if you desire a larger dot. The deck height is low and it has an excellent built in rear sight. The buttons are recessed preventing inadvertent activation. The glass is clear. The battery cap design is very robust (no Holosun little screws). Fits a DP Pro footprint and there is a compact model that goes on the RmSc footprint. I like it enough I just bought another Pro footprint and a compact one.

Name:  IMG_6466.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  91.3 KB

Name:  IMG_6469.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  32.9 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

If you qualify for the NRA instructor pricing, the 2024 price list makes this thing a steal.
    (Says the guy who just got an IOP compact and could have saved $100)
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have spent some time shooting the new Sig Romeo X with the DP Pro cut. It is a very interesting optic. Has basically the Holosun arrangement of 2 moa dot, circle and circle dot. The X does some things well. It has a very bright dot intensity (brighter than a Holosun 2 dot) which allows you to bloom it if you desire a larger dot. The deck height is low and it has an excellent built in rear sight. The buttons are recessed preventing inadvertent activation. The glass is clear. The battery cap design is very robust (no Holosun little screws). Fits a DP Pro footprint and there is a compact model that goes on the RmSc footprint. I like it enough I just bought another Pro footprint and a compact one.

Name:  IMG_6466.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  91.3 KB

Name:  IMG_6469.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  32.9 KB
    Are the x compact pro enclosed? Didn't know if that is what the Pro designation meant

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Are the x compact pro enclosed? Didn't know if that is what the Pro designation meant
    No. They look like the enclosed Romeo 17 military optic, but they are an open emitter.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    If you qualify for the NRA instructor pricing, the 2024 price list makes this thing a steal.
    (Says the guy who just got an IOP compact and could have saved $100)
    Holy smokes. You weren’t kidding. These prices are so good you’ve got me looking for the shortest NRA instructor course I can find. They’re substantially better than the IOP prices.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Maybe a Sig Rep will give us his best guess as to when a enclosed emitter Romeo X's with a RMS-C (compact model) and a DPP footprint will be released at SHOT 24 in a few weeks. These look real nice but I am only really interested in their future closed emitter Romeo X models.
    Last edited by Biggy; 01-07-2024 at 05:53 PM.

Cowan’s 2000-round review of the Romeo X is up. The optic functioned fine up to the last drop test which shattered the front lens. The optic maintained zero despite the lens cracks and was still serviceable in an emergency. Overall, favorable review and he notes that this is a carry, not duty, optic and drop tests may not be realistic in for such optics.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

After using the Compact and Pro model a while, the very bright dot intensity and guarded controls are very attractive.

User Tag List