Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG ROMEO X

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    The TTAG article states they are open emitter designs.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Ja, it was in the TTAG verbiage:

Attachment 107305
    Right, but 1) I’m not seeing it in the pics, and 2) it wouldn’t be the first time TTAG got something wrong. I’m holding out for independent confirmation.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Right, but 1) I’m not seeing it in the pics, and 2) it wouldn’t be the first time TTAG got something wrong. I’m holding out for independent confirmation.
    Watch the video from SIG it’s obvious.

https://youtu.be/GlYJHbM7PVY?t=229

The video from GunsAmerica that @Tokarev linked, at 3:49, pretty obviously shows there's no rear lens. The fact that there's zero mention of it being an enclosed optic in any of the literature is also a giveaway, given how they specifically call out the ability for the ROMEO2 to become enclosed, and how the ROMEO-M17 is specifically said to be "[a] fully enclosed, sealed, and purged optical system, for ultimate protection from the elements".

There’s no rear lens in that huge housing? Ok, I stand corrected.

I rarely watch videos, it’s not an efficient way for me to transfer knowledge. I’m a written word guy.

Man, that’s gonna collect shit.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

There’s no rear lens in that huge housing? Ok, I stand corrected.

I rarely watch videos, it’s not an efficient way for me to transfer knowledge. I’m a written word guy.
    Nah, I fucking hate videos, too, I only watched it (skimmed through, really) to see if they mentioned anything about it being enclosed that I missed. I really hate the video format, I wish that folks would do a transcript that I can just read, or at least a BLUF in the description section or something.

...it wouldn’t be the first time TTAG got something wrong.
    Can't disagree with that!

On topic, looks like a short putt to create a QRC for it, first new one in a while.

I agree that it's going to collect a ton of dust and lint.

I'm doing the draft QRC for this optic, question for you guys: the reticle shown on Sig's web page for the circle dot looks like a circle, but with a segment missing at the bottom. Blown up so you can see what I mean:

Name:  Screenshot from 2023-07-19 07-33-52.png
Views: 543
Size:  9.1 KB

Would you think Sig would really design an optic with a segment missing from the reticle at the bottom, or is it more likely to be a circle in real life, and the missing segment is just some artifact of publishing the image on the web?

https://www.sigsauer.com/romeo-x.html

EDIT I shopped the segment out for the QRC. I decided it's more likely to be a complete 32 MOA circle. Still interested if anyone knows.
    Last edited by RJ; 07-19-2023 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Would you think Sig would really design an optic with a segment missing from the reticle at the bottom, or is it more likely to be a circle in real life, and the missing segment is just some artifact of publishing the image on the web?

https://www.sigsauer.com/romeo-x.html

I would think that Sig got the reticle right in all of their promotional material. What reason do you have to believe that they didn’t leave a segment open at the bottom?

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    I would think that Sig got the reticle right in all of their promotional material. What reason do you have to believe that they didn’t leave a segment open at the bottom?
    Why would they do that?

User Tag List