Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: SIG ROMEO X

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I wonder if a low deck height is more helpful for someone transitioning from iron sights to a dot, and is used to the height over the slide of iron sights? I find the size of the display a bigger factor in getting the dot support hand and in weird positions, with a larger display with minimal frame to be more forgiving.
    A large display increases the angular "cone" in which you can present the gun and still have dot in the window. I think the lower the display is to your hands, the "angular cone" in which you "get the dot" is much closer to the fulcrum point of your hands, and, the lower the optic is to the slide, the more simply lining up the slide in your peripheral vision will create success in "getting the dot". I'm not even talking about new dot shooters fishing for the dot, but rather, peripheral clues in a subconsciously visually guided index for experienced shooters, like came up with Craig in a different dot thread.

In a perfect world, in every single presentation, whether one handed, two handed, odd position, rainy, cold, weird dream last night, heavy turkey dinner, etc, our index would be so perfect that even with a tiny window mounted high over the gun, the dot would be directly on our point of aim, but that's not the case in the real world and small things add up.

I wonder if a low deck height is more helpful for someone transitioning from iron sights to a dot, and is used to the height over the slide of iron sights? I find the size of the display a bigger factor in getting the dot support hand and in weird positions, with a larger display with minimal frame to be more forgiving.
    I think this is absolutely the case. I have spent 30 years and tens of thousands of rounds driving the gun along the same line (hopefully). If you're starting from a blank slate then it doesn't matter. If you can piggyback onto an existing, well-developed motor program, you should dramatically shortcut the learning process.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Site Supporter
    So, for Romeo-X Pro onto an MOS Glock 19, I just use the factory Delta Point Pro plate? Anything better?

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    So, for Romeo-X Pro onto an MOS Glock 19, I just use the factory Delta Point Pro plate? Anything better?
    Yes, EPS 6 moa full size on a DPP plate.

Kidding aside -- sealed, and a bigger window.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    I think this is absolutely the case. I have spent 30 years and tens of thousands of rounds driving the gun along the same line (hopefully). If you're starting from a blank slate then it doesn't matter. If you can piggyback onto an existing, well-developed motor program, you should dramatically shortcut the learning process.
    Out of curiosity, are you trying to see the dot as early as possible or just have it reliably be visible in your aiming area when your arms reach extension?

Now that I have the Romeo-X Compact on my 92C, I need to shoot the snot out of it. This is going to be challenging to fit into my schedule.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I just realized a Romeo-X Pro may be a good alternative for my P320 XFIVE Legion. Has anyone seen info on how low they ride on a P320? Can you use the original front iron?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Out of curiosity, are you trying to see the dot as early as possible or just have it reliably be visible in your aiming area when your arms reach extension?
    I've been working on as soon as possible. My thought is I want something that will work in suboptimal conditions. Everything seems to work standing flat footed on the range, I'm curious about what works with your feet reversed and your torso twisted or when you're not on your feet.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    I've been working on as soon as possible. My thought is I want something that will work in suboptimal conditions. Everything seems to work standing flat footed on the range, I'm curious about what works with your feet reversed and your torso twisted or when you're not on your feet.
    I think there a few ways to skin this cat -- with one method being more comfortable to transition by and the other offering more performance by using index/target focus. If you want, we can split it into a new thread, since it isn't just Romeo X focused.

I'm doing a numeric comparison of optic window size(s) across a few common MRDS, out of morbid curiosity and I'm bored.

I had a comment over on the gen pop Sig forum that the window sizes of the Romeo X Pro and Romeo X Compact were identical? Is that correct? I asked a question on the Sig Web site a few days ago, but haven't gotten a response yet. This dimension isn't in the Romeo X MRDS User Manual.

It seems odd to me that a "full size" and "compact" optic would have the same window size...but maybe they do?

User Tag List