Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: SIG ROMEO X

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I would need to pull an optic from one of my 92 RDOs. I’ll take a pic next time I do that.
    BOLO for 2 small recoil posts at the front of the plate, in between the standard 507K posts at the outside of the footprint.

If LTT advertises their EPS/407K plate as one item, that's a clue, and if they list the EPS plate separate from a K plate, that's also a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    BOLO for 2 small recoil posts at the front of the plate, in between the standard 507K posts at the outside of the footprint.

If LTT advertises their EPS/407K plate as one item, that's a clue, and if they list the EPS plate separate from a K plate, that's also a clue.
    LTT lists:

Our Holosun EPS Plate fits:

Holosun EPS
    Holosun EPS Carry
    Holosun 407k
    Holosun 507k
    So, the clue is that a Romeo-X Compact just might work?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    LTT lists:

So, the clue is that a Romeo-X Compact just might work?
    Yes!

@Noah:

Name:  IMG_0168.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  42.3 KB Name:  IMG_5336.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  31.7 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter
    @Noah:

Name:  IMG_0168.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  42.3 KB Name:  IMG_5336.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  31.7 KB
    Should fit! Looks like the plate is a 507K cut (2 wide spaced front posts) and optic is a full RMSC cut (4 corner posts). The EPS is 4 posts across the front.

The Romeo-X Compact is here, and it’s too tight to drop into the LTT plate recess - it’s very close, though. I would normally modify the plate, but I don’t know how I would do that with the concave surfaces. I think I’ll try my full size RDO 92 to see if it’s the same, and reach out to @LangdonTactical if that doesn’t work.

Just kidding.

Name:  IMG_0171.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  101.4 KB

It even used the LTT supplied fasteners, I just needed better light and different cuss words. I’ll let the crew over there know the existing EPS plate has another verified fit. I’ll be listing the 6MOA red EPS in the classifieds, and will likely replace the second shortly.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 03-23-2024 at 07:50 PM.
    Ken

FWIW, I finally got my Romeo X mounted on my Macro. For the record, I have a P320 with a Romeo1 Pro and I've taken a MSP red dot class previously but never carried a dot or considered myself "good to go" with them.

I think the low deck height is a game changer. Making sure the dot comes up was dramatically easier. Even with strong and weak hand work, it just worked better. I hope to zero it and live fire it later this week.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

It definitely has low deck height, but so do a number of the K Holosun optics. The X has a number of advantages over the Holosun options -- a better battery cap, shielded buttons to avoid inadvertent touches, a better rear sight, and brighter dot intensity.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    FWIW, I finally got my Romeo X mounted on my Macro. For the record, I have a P320 with a Romeo1 Pro and I've taken a MSP red dot class previously but never carried a dot or considered myself "good to go" with them.

I think the low deck height is a game changer. Making sure the dot comes up was dramatically easier. Even with strong and weak hand work, it just worked better. I hope to zero it and live fire it later this week.
    I had the same experience with an SCS on a G19 MOS. The deck on that is about flush with the slide.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    I had the same experience with an SCS on a G19 MOS. The deck on that is about flush with the slide.
    I wonder if a low deck height is more helpful for someone transitioning from iron sights to a dot, and is used to the height over the slide of iron sights? I find the size of the display a bigger factor in getting the dot support hand and in weird positions, with a larger display with minimal frame to be more forgiving.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List