Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG ROMEO X

I have a Pro I purchased in December. When I mounted it, one of the mounting screws shaved off a metal ring from the optic. On further inspection, I noted imperfection on the underside of the screw head with a burr projecting out of the side. I called Sig and customer service promised me a free replacement set of screws. After almost 4 weeks, I called them again because I had not received the screws. I was told they were out of stock and they would email me that day with more information. Still haven't heard anything. Not too impressed with the customer service so far. I looked on their website today. Apparently, they are asking $24.99 for a set of mounting screws. You would think that $24.99 mounting screws would have better quality control.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    I have a Pro I purchased in December. When I mounted it, one of the mounting screws shaved off a metal ring from the optic. On further inspection, I noted imperfection on the underside of the screw head with a burr projecting out of the side. I called Sig and customer service promised me a free replacement set of screws. After almost 4 weeks, I called them again because I had not received the screws. I was told they were out of stock and they would email me that day with more information. Still haven't heard anything. Not too impressed with the customer service so far. I looked on their website today. Apparently, they are asking $24.99 for a set of mounting screws. You would think that $24.99 mounting screws would have better quality control.
    If you know the size you can get a pack of 100 for that price from McMaster Carr.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    If you know the size you can get a pack of 100 for that price from McMaster Carr.
    M4x0.7-9.75mm

I looked on McMaster Carr but unfortunately the metric flat head screws with torx drive had big T-20 drive heads. I found some other screws but they had a 50 degree angle. I think the best I can do is find some similar screws with small T-10 drive heads and 90 degree countersink angle, then grind them down to 9.75mm effective length. I think various screws sold to fit small Holosun optics onto Springfield Echelon and Hellcat slides with filler plates might work with shortening.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    M4x0.7-9.75mm

I looked on McMaster Carr but unfortunately the metric flat head screws with torx drive had big T-20 drive heads. I found some other screws but they had a 50 degree angle. I think the best I can do is find some similar screws with small T-10 drive heads and 90 degree countersink angle, then grind them down to 9.75mm effective length. I think various screws sold to fit small Holosun optics onto Springfield Echelon and Hellcat slides with filler plates might work with shortening.
    I have never dealt with this place, but perhaps they have something close?

https://www.fastenersuperstore.com/p...crews?pid=5988

Hopefully that link shows a bunch of M4x.07 screws in various lengths.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I have never dealt with this place, but perhaps they have something close?

https://www.fastenersuperstore.com/p...crews?pid=5988

Hopefully that link shows a bunch of M4x.07 screws in various lengths.
    They have the same problem as the McMaster Carr screws. Large screw head with a T-20 drive. For the M4x0.7 10mm screws, the carton size is 10,000 screws. I think taking M4x0.7 screws from various aftermarket screw solutions for Holosun K/EPS optics and modifying the length will be the way to go.

https://freedomgorilla.com/collectio...44284406038768

This set will likely provide 2 sets of screws since they will need to be trimmed to 9.75mm length.

I also have some extra screws from the DPP Titanium 43X/48 MOS adapter plate set, and these look like they will work too with some shortening.

Update. Replacement screws sent by Sig! Excited to put this back on my P07 soon.

I thought of another potential use for a compact version (RMSc footprint?) of the RomeoX. Does anyone know if it has sufficient elevation adjustment to zero at 15 or 25 yards on an 856 TORO? Some reports say that zeroing the 407K/507K on that revolver is troublesome.

@Noah - you made the following comment in the SIG 1911X thread, and it’s just now sinking in:

The Sig optics are the same as a 507K (if I said C earlier, I meant K) which has shorter front posts and no rear posts. An RMSC will fit a Sig/507K footprint but not the other way around.

Many (but not all- non 30 Super Carry Shield Plus and Glock Slimline MOS have all 4 posts) "RMSC" cuts are actually 507K cuts.

Point being, the RMR is too wide and Sig is always going to support their optics, but if this is the same RMSC cut that already exists on the P365, it will allow you to direct mount a Holosun EPS, EPS Carry, SCS Carry, SCS 320, and a few Sig optics.

ETA: looks like Sig is calling it the "Compact (RMSC)" footprint. Which further leads me to think it’s the same 507K type cut on the 365.
    Are you saying there is a good chance the Romeo-X Compact would mount onto an EPS plate? I have two LTT 92 RDOs with EPS and a move away from Holosun is personally appealing. The only reason I picked EPS for these was the low deck height allowing for normalish sized irons, and from what I read the Romeo-X Compact is even lower than the EPS.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    @Noah - you made the following comment in the SIG 1911X thread, and it’s just now sinking in:

Are you saying there is a good chance the Romeo-X Compact would mount onto an EPS plate? I have two LTT 92 RDOs with EPS and a move away from Holosun is personally appealing. The only reason I picked EPS for these was the low deck height allowing for normalish sized irons, and from what I read the Romeo-X Compact is even lower than the EPS.
    Possibly- the EPS/EPSC have some odd little nubs added and some EPS/EPSC plates will not fit any other optics. If you can post a pic of the plate I will let you know.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post

The Romeo X compact, like the earlier Romeo and Romeo Zero Elite use the same RMSC footprint as the Holosun K models and the EPS Carry.

I was going to post in your other thread about red dot 1911’s that there is no way I would cut a slide for the Ticon RMRCC footprint. It’s a proprietary footprint for a dead end optic that requires removal of the optic to change the battery.

If I were cutting a slide for a 1911, Browning high-power, or CZ 75, it would definitely be for the RMSC / Holosun K/ Romeo footprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Possibly- the EPS/EPSC have some odd little nubs added and some EPS/EPSC plates will not fit any other optics. If you can post a pic of the plate I will let you know.
    I would need to pull an optic from one of my 92 RDOs. I’ll take a pic next time I do that.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List