Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: SIG ROMEO X

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I'm doing a numeric comparison of optic window size(s) across a few common MRDS, out of morbid curiosity and I'm bored.

I had a comment over on the gen pop Sig forum that the window sizes of the Romeo X Pro and Romeo X Compact were identical? Is that correct? I asked a question on the Sig Web site a few days ago, but haven't gotten a response yet. This dimension isn't in the Romeo X MRDS User Manual.

It seems odd to me that a "full size" and "compact" optic would have the same window size...but maybe they do?
    According to several articles based on SIG’s press releases both have the same sized window:

This allows for a sight picture with less distortion or "fisheye" while having zero magnification. The Romeo X Pro, left, and Compact, both have a 1x24mm window.
    https://www.guns.com/news/2023/07/18...24mm%20window.

Name:  IMG_5656.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  36.3 KB

Which is the same size as the window of the SIG M17 optic. Makes sense given the Romeo X optics are simply open emitter versions of the M-17 optic.

Having had the opportunity to play around with the M17 optic on an M18 pistol, I think Noah is onto something with his argument. That window size doesn’t tell the whole story and how low the window sets to the fulcrum has some effect in actual use.

Thanks @HCM very interesting stuff. Going to need to get another optic soon, looks like an R X Compact will be it.
    Last edited by RJ; 04-07-2024 at 05:38 PM.

So, the difference between the Compact and Pro is all footprint?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Yes, I have both.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Name:  IMG_5657.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  48.7 KB

X Pro on left, and X Compact on right. Only difference is my X Pro battery cap is knurled and X Compact is not.

Name:  IMG_7734.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  63.4 KB

I feel better about putting a Compact on my 92. Lol
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Did I miss this info? Has anyone compared the SIG to the EPS in terms of window and then general brightness settings?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Did I miss this info? Has anyone compared the SIG to the EPS in terms of window and then general brightness settings?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    The EPS (full size) has a larger display. The X is more like an EPS Carry size display. The EPS is plenty bright but the X is brighter. Both have a similar deck height. The X's integrated rear sight is superior.

There are some decent savings out there right now on both the Pro and Compact models. About $80 off on each.
    Ken

User Tag List