Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Harrell announces pancreatic cancer diagnosis

Paul Harrell announces pancreatic cancer diagnosis

I was going to post something, but a lot of P-F members have a negative opinion of Paul. That’s a tough cancer, and the one year survival rate is 10%.

Paul is great for new shooters, and is a welcome relief from tacticool operator channels.

Site Supporter
    Paul is a unique guy, and I do not agree with a lot of his advice. He is the type of guy that can make most anything work for him. Sometimes, those guys have a hard time understanding why what works for them is not the best way for everyone.

That said, I do appreciate him and his unique mindset, and I wish his body, and more importantly soul, health.

I don’t know the guy and have never seen one of his videos, but I wouldn’t wish pancreatic cancer on anyone but my worst enemies. That’s how my dad died and it’s not a great way to go.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Well that sucks. He has always been an entertaining guy. I know some here look down on him but in the end he is on our side. Not a good prognosis but I wish him the best.

Site Supporter
    I know what has basically been expressed in this thread about him. I’ll say a prayer for Paul. I’m really sorry to hear this.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Site Supporter
    Same from me. Sad news.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

FUCK CANCER!

My best to Paul. I've seen a few of his videos.

I wish him the best. He has always seemed like a super fit health nut, but cancers among veterans have really shot up in recent years:

The rate of treatments for ex-soldiers with liver and pancreatic cancers at Department of Veterans Affairs health care centers have increased an astonishing 96 percent between fiscal year 2000 and 2018, according to a McClatchy investigation published Wednesday.

During the same period, the rate of treatment for urinary cancers ⁠— including bladder, kidney and ureter cancers ⁠— increased 61 percent, according to the report.

Prostate cancer treatment rates increased 23 percent, and the rate of blood cancer treatments ⁠— lymphoma, myeloma and leukemia ⁠— rose 18 percent.
    https://nypost.com/2019/10/30/dramat...new-questions/

Site Supporter

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Well that sucks. He has always been an entertaining guy. I know some here look down on him but in the end he is on our side. Not a good prognosis but I wish him the best.
    I came across his stuff when I started more earnestly trying to educate myself about guns (beyond just basic gun reviews). He was my first real exposure to the idea that if you can shoot a gun and it's reliable, it gets the job done. He does "testing", which reasonable people can have plenty of disagreements with, but the overarching theme that I took away from his videos was was that skill mattered way more than gear.

User Tag List