Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robar texturing

Robar texturing

I have decided to double down on hks, specifically the p30 (ltt with eps carry) and p2000s (which will get milled by wright armory). One thing that could be improved on with the p2000 is the texturing. Great for carry, not so good if your hands are wet. I've been debating talon pro grips but I haven't had the best of luck with them in the past. I stumbled upon active self protection extra and he had his p30 textured by robar.. anyone have experience with it? Looks almost like rhino liner and you can choose a texture that isn't super abrasive to bare skin.

I'm fairly certain Robar closed shop. You could likely get another shop that stipples polymer guns to do it. I know Boresight offers their "Competition" frame packages for at least some oddball guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    I'm fairly certain Robar closed shop. You could likely get another shop that stipples polymer guns to do it. I know Boresight offers their "Competition" frame packages for at least some oddball guns.

The full custom shop closed but texturing is still plugging away.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    The full custom shop closed but texturing is still plugging away.
    Nevermind then! I kept hearing and reading "Robar is closed" but never saw that distinction made, so I learned something.

Looking at their offerings, it really does look like permanent Talon grips.

I had a Glock done by them and didn't care for it at all. They smear some type of goop on the gun.

I much prefer Boresight or some of the lesser known texturing folks' work (Matt Adams does awesome work).

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    I had a Glock done by them and didn't care for it at all. They smear some type of goop on the gun.

I much prefer Boresight or some of the lesser known texturing folks' work (Matt Adams does awesome work).
    whats matt adams business name?

Site Supporter
    I think Robars grip work looks like shit. I highly recommend Ben at Boresight. I've also ised Coldbore Custom and Templar Custom Arms in the past.

I’ve had work done by Boresight and Gun Grip Customs (Alex Diaz). I can recommend both without reservation.

I've heard good things about Jerkman Custom grip panels for the p30.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post

Huge boresight fan. Pricey but great stuff

User Tag List