Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon RMR/SRO Hybrid

Mostly about a G19 Gen5 but also a little about the RMR HD.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Initial batch of both optics hits dealers in September per my red dot pusher.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The SRO didn't work on my Staccato, and I had to replace it with a 407CO.

Attachment 108021
    My current direct mill is what Jagerwerks calls Race Cut, with no rear sight (I wanted the clearance), but it looks like I will get backup sights on my next one:
    Name:  snw-title-final.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  28.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    This is the only thing keeping the 509T on my G47 instead of selling it and getting another EPS 6. That's my hard use gun and that mounting method is just better in every way. Hell, if they released a 6 MOA dot 509 I might start buying slides with 509 cuts in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I ended up pre-ordering an RMR HD through Primary Arms. Has anyone heard any rumors about when these are going to be available/shipping?
    Should be soon I have a 3.5 moa shipping to me next week and a 1 moa allocated to my buddy

The Vegas odds are that Trijicon will screw this up, they are the new Surefire in that regard.

Attachment 107573
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Holosun doesn't seem to have any qualms about proprietary footprint. I think they'd actually be smart to intro a 509 that uses the ACRO mount.

With that said, wasn't it in another thread that @GJM or someone was recently talking to Langdon about dots? Whoever it was said the 509 applies more clamping force that the acro clamp.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Something similiar is planned by holosun. At least on paper right now

I don't have the engineering chops to evaluate his statement, but Ernest told me he thinks the 509T cross bolt arrangement is superior to the Acro design, due to more clamping surface.

The 509T is a pretty compact optic, especially for a sealed emitter, and it conceals for me about like a legacy 507 series optic. What is amazing is that Holosun made the EPS to be a closed emitter optic but still attaches with conventional screws from above. And, it is lightweight and has a window nearly 509T size.

We will have to see the detailed reviews, but the new Trijicon sealed emitter seems to have a tortured attachment method. How tedious to have to stick a rod in and out of a capstain style screw -- compare that to a single side bolt like the Acro or 509T.
    Here's what it will take for any company to take me away from Holosun. Come out with a side clamp mounted enclosed emitter with a 5-6 MOA dot option that doesn't increase in size from the 509t. I don't give a rat's ass about solar capability. Have the same battery life, no refresh rate issues, and same durabilty. If it's not made in China that would definitely help sway me. Anything short of that is just a non-starter. If I had a competition gun I'd probably not care as much about an enclosed emitter, but that's not my life right now. Trijicon usually does dot size options and I'd probably be on board if this didn't have a mounting method I'm not gonna sign up to put up with. As of now the EPS 6 MOA is my favorite optic overall, with a 509t that sticks around because I love how it mounts, but hate the reticle on a pistol. I'm guessing that Huanic is sitting on some emitter tech that others can't duplicate because I don't see how they can't be beat at this game by companies that started this whole thing to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    And what good is a 55 MOA circle on a pistol? I personally find the much smaller 32 MOA circle on the Holosun sights nearly useless, so a significantly larger circle will be completely useless on a pistol.
    If they do offer either one of these sights with a 5 or 6 MOA dot, I'd be interested.
    Imo finding the dot in weird positions or moving dynamically. I recently got converted to carrying circle only and enjoy it more than I thought I would once I retrained my brain (I do lose accuracy vs 2 or 6 moa dot past 25 yards), but it is faster up close going fast and moving around

It's impossible due to the RMR footprint's screw location. It's actually amazing they pulled it off on the RMS pattern. They can't copy Trijicon's capstan screw system either because I'm pretty sure Trijicon got a patent on it and that's why it took so long.
    The RMR pattern mounting plate that comes with the EPS properly fences in the optic and I don't think there is a durability concern there at all. I'm already running MOS guns so I've made peace with using adapter plates in general and just finding the right irons.
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    For my use, a 509T/Acro style mounting arrangement is very attractive. We are out at our remote cabin in AK. If an optic fails, I can replace it in seconds. Could even have a pre zeroed optic waiting in reserve.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    How high is high?
    Kinda embarrassed asking you what constitutes high round count, but am curious if that is like 5k or 50k?
    My SRO on my M&P is the only slide mount I have, and I have been using it most every week, 75-100 rounds, since I mounted it just about a year ago.
    I shoot way less than GJM but I probably put between 10 to 14k rounds of 9mm a year through my carry gun trainer.

My primary issues with eps carry are battery trays flying off even when loctited and torqued properly if I forget to check them every 3 to 4k rounds. I run the ones with solar and they still work with no battery in bright light

Have had some mounting screws back out but I use a lot more loctite now and switched to grade 8 fasteners and it has been fine

For my use, a 509T/Acro style mounting arrangement is very attractive. We are out at our remote cabin in AK. If an optic fails, I can replace it in seconds. Could even have a pre zeroed optic waiting in reserve.
    That is an excellent point.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Something similiar is planned by holosun. At least on paper right now
    Holosun had what I believe may have been an ACRO footprint enclosed emitter on display at SHOT 2023. I asked the booth rep about it but he didn't know anything about that particular display item.

User Tag List