Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon RMR/SRO Hybrid

I’m game. Rmr is still my favorite. So call me whatever y’all want.

This seems like the Rmr type 3 that was talked about years ago though lmao.

And F yeah I’d rather buy American. Especially supporting a Michigan company whose products I’ve had great luck with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaron Cowan will be premiering two new Trijicon optics on August 1 for his Patreon subscribers, so I guess we'll see what they are doing soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Aaron Cowan will be premiering two new Trijicon optics on August 1 for his Patreon subscribers, so I guess we'll see what they are doing soon.
    I would guess this is the other one.

Name:  RCR.jpg
Views: 2379
Size:  55.6 KB

Interesting choice to stay with screws rather than a cross-clamp. For me with this type of RDS it is a pass but hopefully, for Trijicon's sake, this thing takes some market share from other closed emitters.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Interesting choice to stay with screws rather than a cross-clamp. For me with this type of RDS it is a pass but hopefully, for Trijicon's sake, this thing takes some market share from other closed emitters.
    Agreed. That seems like a lot of leverage/force to be applying to those screws, but I can see it being a popular option for people that already have their slides milled for an RMR and don't want to use a plate.

Properly designed RMR slide cuts and plates have recoil bosses that fit into the RMR body. Example, HK plates for the VP9.

I predict considerable gnashing of teeth around here when the prices are announced. But it’s great to see an American made option in this space.

I’m kind of interested in these, I was holding off on replacing a holosun scs, I used as a gateway for a pistol red dot for work. I’m not really sure which one I’m interested in. Just looking for a slightly larger window and have an interest in a larger dot. I found that while I liked just the circle on the holosun that in bad lighting with a wml and light coming back the single dot worked better for my eye.

For what it’s worth, during the work red dot school (I think there were 10 or 12 in that class) we watched 4 acros have condensation problems that completely fogged the lens over. The problem wasn’t seen with the open emitter optics, combination of holosun and RMRs. A fire marshal that was in the class has the acro control buttons beginning to fail as well. Aimpoint has been good with getting them fixed. Between that and they don’t conceal so well on my body, I’m not super must have a closed emitter.

Jason

We have to be fair here. We bitched at them for creating another new footprint with the RMR CC, so them returning to the RMR footprint on this is probably a response to that backlash. They are used to being the standard, so they are not going to go with a Holosun or Aimpoint Acro footprint, probably out of sheer defiance of ceding any ground to another manufacturer in any way. If they create yet another crossbolt standard, then they are back to being blasted for creating another footprint. We backed them into a corner and they are fighting from that corner. Pulling off a closed emitter on a RMR footprint may make that footprint keep its dominance if they don't make the mistake of pricing this thing too crazy high.

The Vegas odds are that Trijicon will screw this up, they are the new Surefire in that regard.

Name:  IMG_4402.jpg
Views: 1441
Size:  30.1 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Properly designed RMR slide cuts and plates have recoil bosses that fit into the RMR body. Example, HK plates for the VP9.
    I just paid $125 to get a broken SRO screw out of a directly milled CZ slide. There's about half of a thread that remains in that screw hole. In my book that slide is on its last leg although that leg my last a year or so. If I was rds boss, or at least rds forum moderator, I'd demand cross clamps on all of them.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List