Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon RMR/SRO Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    @Clusterfrack this thread got me Googling and I found and ordered a couple of these to stow in range bags and my car.

$10

Screwdriver bit format for use in Fat Wrenches or similar. Thought @RJ might appreciate something like this that can be properly torqued and not over tightened.

https://www.wecan3dprintthat.com/pro...o-battery-tool

Attachment 107283

$15

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ml/accessories

Attachment 107284
    Looks good.

What pisses me off is Trijicon selling a plastic tool for $15 and not including one with every SRO.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Years late and dollars short.

“BuT aT lEaSt It’S nOt ChInEsE!”

Aaaaaand? Innovation is innovation, and Holosun has been working the hell out of that angle and holding up particularly well.

With the circle-dot reticle with the new RMR, is it Holosun’s turn to sue Trijicon?
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    With the circle-dot reticle with the new RMR, is it Holosun’s turn to sue Trijicon?
    Pretty sure “it emits a dot with a circle around it” is long dead as “prior art.”

I continue to be baffled by Trijicon’s choices. This, after the RMRcc, after releasing an optic specifically disclaimed for duty/carry use, after choosing not to update their duty optic line for YEARS…
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Interesting. I had heard recently they would be coming out with an “ENCLOSED, SRO window with RMR footprint.” Looks like 2/3 were right but doesn’t seem mind blowing.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    The RMR window size is perfectly fine... It's the rear deck of the body which covers the lower 5th of the window which is the problem.
    One of the reasons I like the RMRcc.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gmac View Post
    Interesting. I had heard recently they would be coming out with an “ENCLOSED, SRO window with RMR footprint.” Looks like 2/3 were right but doesn’t seem mind blowing.
    Trijicon is supposed to be coming out with an enclosed emitter optic as well.

Allegedly.

In a way this makes sense, but WAY late.

Agencies want battery swaps without having to remove, remount, and re-zero the optic.

Many agencies won't buy optics from China.

Agency contracts help with private sector sales, and . . .

Many individuals want battery swaps without having to remove, remount, and re-zero the optic.

Many individuals won't buy optics from China.

Both want a larger usable window.

So this sort of makes sense. What doesn't make sense is why they didn't do it four years ago, when developing the SRO.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post

Many agencies won't buy optics from China.

Many individuals won't buy optics from China.
    Which is why Holosun should set up a final assembly shop here in the U.S.

They could sell these "assembled in America" optics as part of a premium line or maybe just transition all sales to American assembly. They could probably move to making optic housings in the States and assemble optics with a mix of domestic and imported parts.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Which is why Holosun should set up a final assembly shop here in the U.S.

They could sell these "assembled in America" optics as part of a premium line or maybe just transition all sales to American assembly. They could probably move to making optic housings in the States and assemble optics with a mix of domestic and imported parts.

SIG would probably sue them for stealing SIG’s scam.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    SIG would probably sue them for stealing SIG’s scam.
    Yeah maybe.

Holosun does have a law enforcement version of the 509T. Also the EPS I believe. But these are standard Chinese products that are going through a couple additional QC checks. I think the market would welcome the additional step of US assembly.

User Tag List