Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon RMR/SRO Hybrid

Who is this guy? What's his background ... specifically in optics?

Name:  Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 9.36.26 PM.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  57.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Who is this guy? What's his background ... specifically in optics?

Name:  Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 9.36.26 PM.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  57.6 KB
    Jeff Wilber

Best I can tell he's a security (night clubs and such) and/or "executive protection" guy that started RDR Gear who makes kydex holsters, K9 stuff, and other "tactical" things and more recently is known for modifying Safariland holsters (specifically the 6000 series) to fit optics and other guns they weren't originally designed to hold.

He created a hullabaloo a couple years ago when he ripped off the Centrifuge Holster Accessories Mount and sold his own version of it. It was quite the little scandal for interested parties.

He became a YouTube and Instagram personality in the last few years (he has a beard, tats, and YouTube channel so he must know things right?) and puts out video content that 25 year olds that don't know any better eat up.

So to answer your questions, who knows what he actually knows? Maybe something or maybe nothing.

It's not like he has posted resume or CV online, but I will tell you that the current baby police eat his (and other guys like him) "content" up and like to regurgitate it in classes or discussions (as you probably know). Wiser folks realize that all of it is just targeted marketing and promoted advertising.

99% of YouTube (and the internet for that matter these days) is paid-advertising garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    Jeff Wilber

... He created a hullabaloo a couple years ago when he ripped off the Centrifuge Holster Accessories Mount and sold his own version of it.

... but I will tell you that the current baby police eat his (and other guys like him) "content" up and like to regurgitate it in classes or discussions (as you probably know). Wiser folks realize that all of it is just targeted marketing and promoted advertising.

99% of YouTube (and the internet for that matter these days) is paid-advertising garbage.
    Ah, ok;
    Vaguely;
    Oh damn, but yeah;
    Yuppers.

Thank you!

Ah, ok;
    Vaguely;
    Oh damn, but yeah;
    Yuppers.

Thank you!
    I'm trying to be nice, but I think you get the gist.

On a side note, I got to play with a Trijicon RMR HD back in October and I really really want one.

I just don't have $650 to $800 to spend on one and don't feel like waiting a year to get one through the LE instructor program.

If they were $450 or so and readily available I'd already own one.

The short version Kevin review is I think it's a really nice optic with a superb auto adjust that beats out just about everyone else (including Holosun).

Jeff Wilber

Best I can tell he's a security (night clubs and such) and/or "executive protection" guy that started RDR Gear who makes kydex holsters, K9 stuff, and other "tactical" things and more recently is known for modifying Safariland holsters (specifically the 6000 series) to fit optics and other guns they weren't originally designed to hold.

He created a hullabaloo a couple years ago when he ripped off the Centrifuge Holster Accessories Mount and sold his own version of it. It was quite the little scandal for interested parties.

He became a YouTube and Instagram personality in the last few years (he has a beard, tats, and YouTube channel so he must know things right?) and puts out video content that 25 year olds that don't know any better eat up.

So to answer your questions, who knows what he actually knows? Maybe something or maybe nothing.

It's not like he has posted resume or CV online, but I will tell you that the current baby police eat his (and other guys like him) "content" up and like to regurgitate it in classes or discussions (as you probably know). Wiser folks realize that all of it is just targeted marketing and promoted advertising.

I bought several safariland holsters from him (unmodified) just because of how fast he ships them out....so he's got that going for him

Who is this guy?
    Don't know who he is, but maybe could edit this out..
    Name:  finger.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  44.2 KB

When I was interested in the 229 SAO, I watched a YouTube video with him, and I was struck by his relatively shallow depth of knowledge for someone as old as he appeared to be.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Don't know who he is, but maybe could edit this out..
    Name:  finger.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  44.2 KB
    Not the screen capture I posted, so, sorry, can't help with that.

Not the screen capture I posted, so, sorry, can't help with that.
    I know, I meant he might wanna edit, not you.
    I know everyone with a keyboard wants to dogpile, but he snatched the thing out of that holster and popped his finger right to the trigger like a movie star, and I don't mean that in a good way...

On a side note, I got to play with a Trijicon RMR HD back in October and I really really want one.
    I just don't have $650 to $800 to spend on one and don't feel like waiting a year to get one through the LE instructor program.
    If they were $450 or so and readily available I'd already own one.
    Thanks for being comfortable enough to state the obvious, I agree!
    I guess I will just get another SRO and wait for these to be nearly obsolete in the future and get one then!

Jeff Wilber

Interesting. I own one of his TQ mounts, and was under the impression that he was the one making TQ brackets for centrifuge before they shopped out to a different manufacturer. But, I wasn't paying close attention to that stuff at the time, and could definitely be wrong. That's shitty if true.

I have a chest rig and dangler of his as well. It's definitely a spiritus rip off, but is much cheaper and damn good quality. Most of the placard style rigs are rip offs of spiritus anyway. His doesnt need to be bought in peices and still has awesome stitching.

From watching his videos, using some of his stuff, and knowing a few guys using his stuff I haven't come to the same negative impression overall. He is some guy on the web giving his 2 cents, and happens to make gear. He's pretty upfront that he has never been LE or MIL, and has never come off as "bro-vet" personality to me dispite having sleeves. If young new kids are cops are treating what he says about stuff as gospel I think thats more on them. A guy making videos giving his opinion to grow his company doesn't strike me as a bad guy right off the rip. He usually advocates people go take training too.

How qualified does that make him about optics? Fucked if I know.

User Tag List