Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon RMR/SRO Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Holosun had what I believe may have been an ACRO footprint enclosed emitter on display at SHOT 2023. I asked the booth rep about it but he didn't know anything about that particular display item.
    If you are referring to the mini AEMS that first leaked on Arisaka's Instagram (I believe it was also at SHOT but it looks exactly like a miniature AEMS), they have stated that it uses the 509T footprint and if it made it to market would be intended as a lower cost alternative to the 509T.

It's also entirely possible something on the Acro footprint is coming, too.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter Notorious E.O.C.'s Avatar
    Did these things just evaporate? The announcement hype was a thing to behold, but we're about out of November and I have yet to see an in-stock notice.
    The way we do science in XCOM is basically by shooting things first.
    - Jake Solomon

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious E.O.C. View Post
    Did these things just evaporate? The announcement hype was a thing to behold, but we're about out of November and I have yet to see an in-stock notice.
    I've had an RMR HD on order since early August through Optics Planet. I watch the shipping date get pushed back daily. Estimated shipping date is Dec 14 as of today.
    Hopefully, Trijicon hasn't discovered a flaw that needs fixing prior to release.

any updates on these??

Good ole A-A-Ron.
    He never uses one word when he can use 5.

I like the ACRO well enough. I haven't seen an RCR so can't comment on how these two might compare.

I do disagree with RDR regarding the legacy RMR. In today's market there's pretty much zero reason to buy an optic that has to be removed from the gun to change batteries. Is it that big a deal? Not really but also yes. Changing the battery annually is just adding unnecessary steps into something that no longer requires the extra work.

Plus he's kind of missing the point. The RCR is Trijicon's answer to put a closed emitter on a gun that's cut for an RMR without using an adapter plate. Trijicon could have probably quite easily made the RCR in the ACRO pattern but instead took the novel approach of using the recessed screws. Does this cause compatibility issues? Yes. It can't be used on ZEV slides or some other interpretation of the RMR footprint. But that's not Trijicon's fault.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

User Tag List