Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Looks like TK Custom is now in the 856 spring & firing pin market

Student
    I've installed the pins in two EGs with Galloway trigger springs and mainsprings, similar to @Dave303 and his UL. They dropped in fine and have not gotten stuck in dry fire, so I'll see how it goes with live rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Caleb & I were each having these conversations simultaneously with Eli @ TK Customs.
    I can't say enough good things about the customer service from both TK & @jetfire.

After talking with Eli, I may just pull a @JCN and lightly open up a firing pin channel on one of my steel framed 856's as a guinea pig gun.
    I'm quite convinced that the extended firing pin is the missing secret sauce of making these things run with silly light DA triggers.

Eli said he's pulling down the listings for these kits until he can get everything perfect, if you ordered via ebay, click the return button and he'll get you taken care of.

Eli was great to talk to & is very, very appreciative of Caleb's assistance.
    Eli is a super good dude. He built my competition 929.

It doesn’t take much to clearance the channel and I get the sense most well used revolvers wind up getting worn to that tolerance anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Eli is a super good dude. He built my competition 929.

It doesn’t take much to clearance the channel and I get the sense most well used revolvers wind up getting worn to that tolerance anyway.
    #45 or #46 bit for clearancing?

I didn’t use a drill bit, I used the pointed Dremel grinding tool.
    Last edited by JCN; 07-31-2023 at 07:07 PM.

This one:

Name:  IMG_3593.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  51.3 KB

Caleb & I were each having these conversations simultaneously with Eli @ TK Customs.
    I can't say enough good things about the customer service from both TK & @jetfire.

After talking with Eli, I may just pull a @JCN and lightly open up a firing pin channel on one of my steel framed 856's as a guinea pig gun.
    I'm quite convinced that the extended firing pin is the missing secret sauce of making these things run with silly light DA triggers.

Eli said he's pulling down the listings for these kits until he can get everything perfect, if you ordered via ebay, click the return button and he'll get you taken care of.

Eli was great to talk to & is very, very appreciative of Caleb's assistance.
    I hope he is going to let us know when he gets the new kits ready. I’m anxious to try one!

He signed up to join here & I’ll also let everyone know if I hear.

With Galloway springs the TK firing pin hits are authoritative in my 856 UL
    Name:  IMG_1919.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  61.4 KB

On a side note Federal Punch in a speed strip made it through a washing machine cycle and still fired fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I just talked to TK Custom, and these pins are for the 5T models: 5T: 85/605/905/380 UL

There are different specs for firing pins which are here:

Find bellow a list of some firing pins centerfire:
    Firing Pin model 5T: 85/605/905/380 UL
    Firing Pin model 856: 856/327/73
    Firing pin model 6T: Medium/Compact/Large/Extra-large frame
    Firing pin model Polymer: Public Defender Poly/ 605 Poly Protector/ 85 Poly Protector

I'm going to see if I can get Brazil to share the TDP with me for the pins so we can get a full line built.
    You keep doing stuff like this, and I'll be rocking an 856 TORO AIWB, a Taurus t-shirt and a Taurus ball cap by the end of next year.

I'm starting to take Taurus seriously.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Just bought a 856 UL last week. Galloway spring kit arrived today. Stock trigger pull heavy but fairly smooth. Will replace the trigger spring and not touch the hammer spring. This little snubby shoots to POA with 120 Federal Punch and it does a very respectable job in the performing of said Punch.

Pics in a few days. This thread has caused me to purchase the 856. Just a 100 rds through it so far, but they have performed flawlessly.

User Tag List