Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like TK Custom is now in the 856 spring & firing pin market

Looks like TK Custom is now in the 856 spring & firing pin market

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12594687133...mis&media=COPY

I had light strikes using the Galloway hammer springs in mine. And went back to the factory springs, which resolved the issue.

Anyone tried these?

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post

I had light strikes using the Galloway hammer springs in mine. And went back to the factory springs, which resolved the issue.

Anyone tried these?
    Oh! Thanks for that!

I ordered a few and will try them out on an M380 and a pair of 856s!

Site Supporter
    I had light strikes with both Galloway and Wolfe kit's, maybe the firing pin will be the answer.
    I'm curious how the kit works out.

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    I had light strikes with both Galloway and Wolfe kit's, maybe the firing pin will be the answer.
    I'm curious how the kit works out.
    Same here. For science I might first take a Galloway 856 that had been light striking with harder primers…

And put just the TK firing pin in and see what I can get.

I can do a write up with trigger weights with the spring kits if people are interested.

Otherwise it might just sit in a box here until a rainy day or winter boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Same here. For science I might first take a Galloway 856 that had been light striking with harder primers…

And put just the TK firing pin in and see what I can get.

I can do a write up with trigger weights with the spring kits if people are interested.

Otherwise it might just sit in a box here until a rainy day or winter boredom.
    Name:  IMG_5602.jpeg
Views: 682
Size:  11.4 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Name:  IMG_5602.jpeg
Views: 682
Size:  11.4 KB
    These are what I have to work with:

Taurus View
    380UL
    856UL
    856 (3”)

Name:  IMG_3322.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  100.8 KB

Site Supporter
    My Galloway kit lit everything off for the first 100-150 or so rd's, (+ dry fire) then went down hill fast.
    Galloway said it was my cheap ammo...yeah right, the Wolfe kit didn't make it that far.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post

Anyone tried these?
    Interesting. Firing pin is one of those things Taurus won't sell you. And, I note, no firing pin spring.

Not listed yet on TK Custom's website.

We're in the process of reaching out to TK Custom to get some samples for us to validate as well. I've had some light strikes with lower spring weights in my TORO, so the ability to go lighter and keep the ignition good appeals to me and also works within my mission of having a robust aftermarket.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    We're in the process of reaching out to TK Custom to get some samples for us to validate as well. I've had some light strikes with lower spring weights in my TORO, so the ability to go lighter and keep the ignition good appeals to me and also works within my mission of having a robust aftermarket.
    I'm surprised Apex Tactical hasn't jumped in with a kit yet. I've found their S&W J frame kits (mainspring, new/longer firing pin and firing pin spring) to work really well in a pair of M&P 340s.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

User Tag List