Thread: Kydex AIWB Availability For "Old-School" Colt D-Frames?

Site Supporter

Kydex AIWB Availability For "Old-School" Colt D-Frames?

I've got a nice Dick Special, a coupla' Agents and Cobras I'd like to start carrying regularly, and I notice none of the "Usual Suspects"--JMCK, DSG or Tulster--Offer anything for the "Old School" D-Frames for AIWB--So who DOES? Thanks in advance...

Site Supporter
    When I went on this same quest I couldn't find a kydex maker who made for these models. I ended up with a TT gunleather. Its a well made holster and it works surprisingly well AIWB without any kind of claw. The only downside is because the loop is in the same place as the cylinder it does stick out a bit more than any other AIWB I have used. If you do find a good index one I would also be interested.

https://www.ttgunleather.com/product...einforced-aiwb

Nobody I have ever found. But I have been able to make both leather and kydex made for the Ruger SP101 work satisfactorily. Dimensions are usually close enough.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Not kydex but galco makes a horsehide holster(I don't typically like their chincy leather but their horsehide seems better)

I used to carry a detective special aiwb sometimes 20 years ago. I still have it. I'll take a pic later
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Site Supporter
    Detective Specials are middle of the road for ease of finding holsters, and certainly not improving.

The best IWB holster ai have found is the ultra thin Kydex holster made by FIST holsters. I do not carry AIWB, but it might work for AIWB with a vertical orientation.

https://www.fist-holsters.com/store/...41-detail.html
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Try cook holsters!

User Tag List