Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Cabela's Becoming Useful Again?

I recently bought a Sig P365x Macro w/Romeo 2 sight on it at the Wichita Cabella's for 759.00 which eclipsed the price for the other gun stores I'd visited in my hometown and in Wichita. For example, Rainer had the pistol w/o Romeo 2 for $749.00.

Plus, if you have a Cabella's card you get Cabell's bucks which comes off the price of the pistol if you want and they offer a 10% military discount.

I don't shop as much with them since BassPro took over, but in my circumstances, they are often a good deal.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

It would be nice if Cabela’s went back to being Cabela’s and not Basspro 2.0.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    I recently bought a Sig P365x Macro w/Romeo 2 sight on it at the Wichita Cabella's for 759.00 which eclipsed the price for the other gun stores I'd visited in my hometown and in Wichita. For example, Rainer had the pistol w/o Romeo 2 for $749.00.

Plus, if you have a Cabella's card you get Cabell's bucks which comes off the price of the pistol if you want and they offer a 10% military discount.

I don't shop as much with them since BassPro took over, but in my circumstances, they are often a good deal.
    I have a bunch of points left on a Cabela’s card that I need to use. The intent was to get enough points to buy a new pistol for free but I stopped shopping there shortly after BP took it over. I forgot about the 10% discount. It might be time to pick up the micro compact I’ve been thinking about.

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    I have a bunch of points left on a Cabela’s card that I need to use. The intent was to get enough points to buy a new pistol for free but I stopped shopping there shortly after BP took it over. I forgot about the 10% discount. It might be time to pick up the micro compact I’ve been thinking about.
    We run everything we can through our Cabela's card. I've purchased a couple of pistols with Cabela's Bucks.

IME they are still pretty serious about fraud protection on the MasterCard that came with Bass Pro taking over.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    We run everything we can through our Cabela's card. I've purchased a couple of pistols with Cabela's Bucks.

IME they are still pretty serious about fraud protection on the MasterCard that came with Bass Pro taking over.
    There are a lot of cards that have better cash back. In fact, Capital One, the source bank of the Cabela's card, has a better cash-back program and I can use the points for anything I purchase.

Site Supporter
    We are confirmed restaurant denizens and the Capitol One restaurant card has made (not really as we spent the money) me a lot bucks back. I was not a Cabela's fan as mentioned as I found their clothes not as good as BP and they ran bait and switch gun ads - besides being ignoramuses as the gun counter. The only thing I was happy with, was getting a rare SW 632 327 mag when they had them.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    There are a lot of cards that have better cash back. In fact, Capital One, the source bank of the Cabela's card, has a better cash-back program and I can use the points for anything I purchase.
    I need to look into that as I've been happy with Capital One. We've had a Cabella's card for around 30 years and I admit I may have gotten too comfortable with the rewards and overlooked other better deals. Back then I used to live in their windshirts.

Same buddy of mine that I wrote about in the start of this thread just got another screaming' deal from the same Cabela's.

S&W 4586 for $325. Mint condition with three mags.

Name:  IMG_20230820_201540.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  42.4 KB
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Same buddy of mine that I wrote about in the start of this thread just got another screaming' deal from the same Cabela's.

S&W 4586 for $325. Mint condition with three mags.

Name:  IMG_20230820_201540.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  42.4 KB
    He must have a horseshoe up his ass. Nice score!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List