Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cabela's Becoming Useful Again?

Cabela's Becoming Useful Again?

So, a buddy of mine just snagged a pristine 9mm SIG P239 for $405 out the door from Cabela's. The store employees stated that they had a "come to Jesus" moment with how overpriced they've historically been, and apparently are pivoting business models to meet or beat market prices with a focus on used guns.

Anyone else with recent Cabela's experience notice this? I'm wondering if it's store specific or company wide.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    So, a buddy of mine just snagged a pristine 9mm SIG P239 for $405 out the door from Cabela's. The store employees stated that they had a "come to Jesus" moment with how overpriced they've historically been, and apparently are pivoting business models to meet or beat market prices with a focus on used guns.

Anyone else with recent Cabela's experience notice this? I'm wondering if it's store specific or company wide.
    I have a Cabela’s within walking distance of my house. I’ll have to stop by tomorrow and check.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I guess we will see?

It would be nice if they would become a source for decently priced used weapons rather than massively over priced crap but...well, yeah, we will see lol.

Went in mine last week. Everything was overpriced.

I used to could score deals there. I’ll check back soon.

I wish they would go back to stocking quality clothing.

Site Supporter

That would be a good deal at anytime. Dang. Did he say what kind of condition it was in?

Site Supporter

I’ve been scouring their used gun section and found a couple deals. Unfortunately, in just one days time those deals have disappeared. I imagine there’s a bit of delay between their site and inventory. You can also ship in between stores.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    I wish they would go back to stocking quality clothing.
    Their store-branded stuff was a great value. I had a couple pairs of their winter boots that lasted years and years. I think I lost them in various moves before they actually wore out.

The acquisition by Bass Pro was a tragedy.

I think a person can see everything in their inventory on Guns International. I've called them a few times or emailed them about those but no reply. I was interested in a new shotgun at the local store and the sales staff ignored me for 20 minutes so I left. To their credit they had two people in the used guns area so maybe they got jacked up by the manager, IDK. We have some very restrictive firearms laws here now so their sales have probably dropped off. My local store wouldn't be a good example.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I have a Cabela’s within walking distance of my house. I’ll have to stop by tomorrow and check.
    I was just there a couple days ago, there wasn’t much interesting in the used gun room. There was a reasonably priced Remington Speedmaster but I already have one.

User Tag List