Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Cabela's Becoming Useful Again?

The original Gander Mountain in Wilmot, WI was much better. It was sad when they turned into Gander MTN and opened stores all over.

I still have Gander branded flannel shirts from the early 1980s. They wore like iron.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    There was a Gander in SATX, their gun prices were ridiculous. You could go an exit down the road to Academy and save hundreds.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    There was a Gander in SATX, their gun prices were ridiculous. You could go an exit down the road to Academy and save hundreds.
    After the changes, the only things I ever bought were deep sale items, normally used. I can count the number of good deals I got from them during the big box store period on one hand, and that would leave at least one finger for picking my butt.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

In my experience, the sweet spot for good deals at Cabela's is used guns that look average and not special, but are for whatever reason. Maybe a model that's been discontinued. Maybe a special edition of a common gun, but that's not flashy and easy to miss. They don't pay their employees well (last I saw) and usually the scheduling and a number of other factors create a not so great work environment. Doesn't exactly inspire someone to go out of their way to look closely and price things accurately. Used to happen quite a bit more maybe a decade ago. Not as much now but, occasionally still happens.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    So, a buddy of mine just snagged a pristine 9mm SIG P239 for $405 out the door from Cabela's. The store employees stated that they had a "come to Jesus" moment with how overpriced they've historically been, and apparently are pivoting business models to meet or beat market prices with a focus on used guns.

Anyone else with recent Cabela's experience notice this? I'm wondering if it's store specific or company wide.
    Dang that's a good price for a nice P239. Maybe Cabela's will see more of my business. I wish I'd seen that price point when I was looking for a slim 9mm. I ended up with an XD-E but I'd likely rather have a P239 since there are parts available for them.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Just FYI P239 9mm mags available today...MGW

Got an in stock notice from Midwest, they have both the 9mm and .40 P239 mags in stock this morning at a very good price, $27
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

I just searched a few things in the Gun Library online. I saw absolutely nothing of practical use to me, and what kills me is how so many of their used modern guns are priced higher than I can get them new. And no other P239s that I can find.

The only really interesting thing I saw was an unfired HK4 four caliber set, but I don’t know about the price ($2300) and it’s not something I would buy anyway.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Got an in stock notice from Midwest, they have both the 9mm and .40 P239 mags in stock this morning at a very good price, $27
    I might buy a few of those. They pop up from time to time for not too much money. THX.

Oops, sold out.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

P239 9mm mags in stock today at Midwest Gun Works, at least at 1:30 CDT

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page...od/MAG-239-9-8
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Well, Cabelas made me eat my words. Went in the other day to look at a used M&P 15-22. They wanted $429 for it. I asked them why so much when they were selling new ones were only $40 more and my cost from Primary Arms for a new one was under $400. Guy just shrugged and said he didn’t know why

So they seem to be really hit and miss in their used gun pricing.

User Tag List