Thread: Federal Terminal Ascent

Federal Terminal Ascent

I scored a couple of hundred 200-grain Federal Terminal Ascent bullets to try in my 300 PRC. Stated BC G1 .608, G7 .304
    Nickel plated. Solid copper shank. Electrochemically bonded lead core. Heat-resistant polymer tip. The expansion tests I have seen look amazing at both high and low velocities. Expansion was almost identical at 100 and 500 yards.

Anyone here have any experience with them?

Here is a picture of one next to a 5.56 NATO case.

Name:  IMG_1845.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  39.0 KB

Keep us posted, can't wait to see your results.

I'd love to try one in one of the 7mm chamberings, but it doesn't look like they've released any in that caliber yet. At least in terms of component bullets. I have seen some 7 mm PRC Factory loaded ammo available

The hivemind at Rokslide seems to like them, FWIW. More than a few threads about them and all seem favorable.

https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/...sed-em.164107/

https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/...curacy.224829/
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

These are more or less a Trophy Bonded HP?

Quote Originally Posted by Dov View Post
    These are more or less a Trophy Bonded HP?
    One of the Rokslide posts mentioned a call to Federal and the explanation from the company that these are kind of a Edge TLR 2.0.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    One of the Rokslide posts mentioned a call to Federal and the explanation from the company that these are kind of a Edge TLR 2.0.
    My understanding was that the Edge TLR was just a Tipped Trophy bonded with tweak to bullet profile for better BC & maybe better QA? Though IDK if Federal ever said that but if you compare Edge TLR to Trophy Tipped it looks that way to me. Kinda wonder if "TLR" = Trophy (Bonded) Long Range? Federal doesn't compare them really at this link, but they are first two bullets listed and just eyeballing them they look the same https://www.federalpremium.com/on/de...gGameRifle.pdf

Just curious, I haven't followed gun rags for decade or so was just wondering if it was really new

Was in Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday and ran into some Factory loading of 308 in terminal ascent. Took them out to the range today and was very very impressed with their accuracy.

100 yrds

Name:  CAP1105013796850935387.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  17.9 KB

User Tag List