Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Current AR-15 Scope Mount

Quote Originally Posted by Rack View Post
    How can you tell what height mount to order? I see references to 1.65, 1.7, etc. How would I know?

For one or two rifles, it would be nice to co-witness the front factory sight.

For a couple of others, the sights would be flip-up and they would probably be offset, so no need to co-witness.

Thanks.
    None of the scopes you mentioned were 1x, co-witnessing won’t be a thing. Even an LPVO at 1x won’t really cowitness like a red dot would.

I like 1.7 because it’s worked very well for me and many others as a red dot height for a long time. On an LPVO, it’s a great balance between heads-up posture and still being able to easily get behind it in the prone. I have no experience with higher power scopes but the lower 1.54ish traditional mounts always made me feel like I had to smoosh my face into the stock to get into the eye box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Site Supporter
    For a 1-X that will primarily be used on 1x, I like a tall mount. I'm currently using a 2.04 Geissele, but anything 1.7-about 2" works really well. For higher magnification optics on an AR, I try to get optic as low as possible. For 50mm objective optics, this means about 1.54 as the lowest.

Okay, thanks for the info.

User Tag List