Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Current AR-15 Scope Mount

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    And now ADM has a 1.7 in their Delta line!

https://www.admmfg.com/ad-delta-c-m
    Super smart move on their part. Badger has a hard time keeping stock on their 1.7 C1 mounts, so there is opportunity here for the other vetted manufacturers to jump in and take some of that thunder. I predict that the 1.7 height is really going to be popular once other options appear in the marketplace. It really is a sweet spot for a LPVO.

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    Super smart move on their part. Badger has a hard time keeping stock on their 1.7 C1 mounts, so there is opportunity here for the other vetted manufacturers to jump in and take some of that thunder. I predict that the 1.7 height is really going to be popular once other options appear in the marketplace. It really is a sweet spot for a LPVO.
    And their Delta line has horizontal cut rings so people who want top mounted dots can use them.

1.7 is hard to give up for an LPVO once you get behind it. They are definitely onto something. I'll admit the price of admission for Badger C1 mounts is steep, but for your main rifle it's worth the cost, especially if you are running one of the higher quality LPVOs made in Japan or Germany.
    Kept my Badger C1 w/ AP offset when I sold the Razer E last yr. so if I return to a LPVO that's covered.

I went with LaRue for ease in moving my optic from rifle to rifle.

That does look good--I preferred ADM when I still used QD mounts, their stuff is rock solid in my experience of probably half a dozen different mounts. One thing is it seems their stuff was always on the heavy side compared to other leading mounts; this one is 8.5oz for a 30mm 1.7. Granted a lot of folks don't care about 2 to 4 oz on a rifle that will be hosting an LPVO (it's not gonna be a lightweight anyway, in that scenario), but if you're trying to shed a few ounces in your rig, mount + optic is one place to do it.

Primary arms needs to offer a GLX (Warne) mount in 1.7. It’d be constantly sold out.

As it stands, I like ADM, Aero, and the reptilia options I’ve used.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    That does look good--I preferred ADM when I still used QD mounts, their stuff is rock solid in my experience of probably half a dozen different mounts. One thing is it seems their stuff was always on the heavy side compared to other leading mounts; this one is 8.5oz for a 30mm 1.7. Granted a lot of folks don't care about 2 to 4 oz on a rifle that will be hosting an LPVO (it's not gonna be a lightweight anyway, in that scenario), but if you're trying to shed a few ounces in your rig, mount + optic is one place to do it.
    According to ADM, they will need to see how well these sell before offering them in FDE or OD Green. So... I'm gonna need everyone at P-F to order one of these straight away please. lol!

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    According to ADM, they will need to see how well these sell before offering them in FDE or OD Green. So... I'm gonna need everyone at P-F to order one of these straight away please. lol!

Damn, I’m definitely not a weight conscious person but 9.1oz over Badger’s 6.2oz seems like a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Slap Ti levers on it and it brings it down into the low 7's.

How can you tell what height mount to order? I see references to 1.65, 1.7, etc. How would I know?

For one or two rifles, it would be nice to co-witness the front factory sight.

For a couple of others, the sights would be flip-up and they would probably be offset, so no need to co-witness.

Thanks.

User Tag List