Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Notes from my (ridiculous)quest for my "ultimate" carry gun.

As others have said, based on your criteria, you made a great choice.

However, based on your desire for a LTT trigger, it seems like a PX4 in .45 with a TJIAB or a legit LTT workover might be a better fit. I wonder how these compare, size-wise, the the HK45c?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do love the PX4 platform. I have three (OK, I am a gun nut). The .45 is really more in the HK45 full size class. Very cool gun, but it is definitely a full size combat autoloader.

Name:  IMG_6551 2.jpg
Views: 790
Size:  64.3 KB

.45 ACP
    DA/SA (with a truly amazing SA trigger)
    Bomb proof reliability
    Concealable
    Accurate.

The whole time I was reading the initial post, I was thinking of my favorite 3rd Gen S&W .45 from the Performance Center.

The .45 CQB. Model number 4563.

The word "match accurate" gets thrown around a lot, but I would absolutely shoot a match with the gun.

I realize that there are not a lot of 45 CQB guns floating around, but there are 4563 Tacticals out there. The 3rd Gens can still be had for a fair price and they really are stellar guns. Well worth tracking down and taking a look at.

Besides you get some style points when you carry a 3rd Gen S&W .45.

Site Supporter
    I was going to suggest the HK45 then you said HK45C and that was close enough!

It looks great. I know LTT is doing work the the P30, USP, and P2000.

I might keep your eyes peeled (or inquire) about options for the HK45 for trigger work. It appears hammer spring is atleast part of the refinement at LTT.

https://langdontacticaldealers.com/w...-June-2023.pdf
    God Bless,

Brandon

Site Supporter
    As I read your first post I was thinking HK45c before you named it. I carried one off duty a a few years. Not being able to mount a surefire X300 caused me to switch to G19. What WML is available for the HK45C today?

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    What WML is available for the HK45C today?
    I would assume it would be the the TLR-7/8 sub series, no need to fuck around with an aftermarket key like you would with the standard TLR-7/8.

Pretty sure that's correct; Streamlight includes a base for HKs, and it worked like a charm on my P30L with my TLR-7A.

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Pretty sure that's correct; Streamlight includes a base for HKs, and it worked like a charm on my P30L with my TLR-7A.

Best, Jon
    Last time I checked, the placement of the rail slot on the 45C was the problem, and none of the "standard" WMLs (including the compacts) would work. I'd be happy to learn that's changed!

Limiting the search to guns chambered in .45 ACP definitely limits your options. The HK45c is probably the best one I can think of that meets the criteria you’ve set out. That’s a solid gun.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Last time I checked, the placement of the rail slot on the 45C was the problem, and none of the "standard" WMLs (including the compacts) would work. I'd be happy to learn that's changed!
    The documentation for the TLR-7/8 sub series explicitly states compatibility with the HK45C.

Honestly, this was news to me, too, I had assumed until yesterday the best solution was the TLR-7/8 series with an aftermarket key until I decided to look around to make sure nothing new had come out. Pretty neat that there exists such an option at this point.

User Tag List