Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spyderco Enuff 2

Just ordered the plain edge. It caught my eye when checking out the knivesshipfree link. The only Spyderco I have is a Native 5, compared the measurements and it seems like a slightly bigger Native 5. I used the N-5 to clean a moose last year, definitely want a fixed blade, and I’ve wanted a Spyderco fixed blade for awhile.

Thanks for doing the sheath research @PNWTO, if I decide to carry this thing I’ll be following your research!

I also took a look at the Spyderco Stok. Looks like a nice EDC, wasn’t sure about the blade profiles, and it being made in China didn’t sway me enough to drop the coin.

This damn forum costs me money.

Quote Originally Posted by KneeShot View Post
    Just ordered the plain edge. It caught my eye when checking out the knivesshipfree link. The only Spyderco I have is a Native 5, compared the measurements and it seems like a slightly bigger Native 5. I used the N-5 to clean a moose last year, definitely want a fixed blade, and I’ve wanted a Spyderco fixed blade for awhile.

Thanks for doing the sheath research @PNWTO, if I decide to carry this thing I’ll be following your research!

I also took a look at the Spyderco Stok. Looks like a nice EDC, wasn’t sure about the blade profiles, and it being made in China didn’t sway me enough to drop the coin.

This damn forum costs me money.
    If you ordered an Enuff2 it has a 4 inch blade

I need it has a 3 inch blade with a big ass choil

The original Enuf had a 3 inch blade I believe

Quote Originally Posted by KneeShot View Post

Thank you, but let’s not accuse me of research. I’m just a bored guy who likes the blade, but wants to bring the carry system into the 21st century with readily available parts; and an experience base of a few thousand Lego sets under my belt.

It seems likely that I’ll be passing the knife and equipment to a much more knowledgeable PF’er so that some real innovation may occur.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Thank you, but let’s not accuse me of research. I’m just a bored guy who likes the blade, but wants to bring the carry system into the 21st century with readily available parts; and an experience base of a few thousand Lego sets under my belt.

It seems likely that I’ll be passing the knife and equipment to a much more knowledgeable PF’er so that some real innovation may occur.
    Please keep us updated w/ Lego Set photo’s, thoughts, and opinions!

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Update-

Received the knife. First impressions are that it’s pretty legit. Great ergos, handling, and no one does serrations like Spyderco.

The OEM sheath is utter dogshit. Could be pressed into service, with some minor non-destructive changes, for use in a carrier kangaroo pouch or similar. Beyond that, it’s best for folks who open carry XDs and drive lifted diesels.

The RK sheath hasn’t shipped but will get some photos up in the next few days; including some last-resort, marooned on Mars, ideas for the factory sheath.
    No one does serrations like Spyderco, that is for sure. I love their serrations and hate most others.

Glad that the ergos and first impressions are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    I believe sheath is made by Sal's (Spyderco's owner) daughter's company

I played with one. It is secure and functional (and strap can be removed) but it did rattle a bit.

Will likely own K390 PE version at some point
    Not a personal knock on the Glessers, but Spyderco really needs to step up its sheath game. The only sheaths for their fixed blades that are decent are their leather ones. Bulky pancake sheaths with 80 rivets in them are not good designs overall. They are clearly designed to meet a 'is functional' and price point. Not designed for the end user in mind. This is a consistent problem with Spyderco. I guess the fortunate aspect of it is it gives sheath makers a potential source of income.

"Oh a new Spyderco fixed blade?! Alright! Time to make some sheaths!"

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    No one does serrations like Spyderco, that is for sure. I love their serrations and hate most others.

Glad that the ergos and first impressions are good.

Not a personal knock on the Glessers, but Spyderco really needs to step up its sheath game. The only sheaths for their fixed blades that are decent are their leather ones. Bulky pancake sheaths with 80 rivets in them are not good designs overall. They are clearly designed to meet a 'is functional' and price point. Not designed for the end user in mind. This is a consistent problem with Spyderco. I guess the fortunate aspect of it is it gives sheath makers a potential source of income.

"Oh a new Spyderco fixed blade?! Alright! Time to make some sheaths!"
    This could probably be said of the vast majority of fixed blade knife makers. They could really increase the value of their products by putting some more serious thought into the carry systems.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    This could probably be said of the vast majority of fixed blade knife makers. They could really increase the value of their products by putting some more serious thought into the carry systems.
    Reading Rob's post, I was about to post the same. Most knife sheaths leave a lot to be desired. Especially for left-handed users!
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    ..... but Spyderco really needs to step up its sheath game. The only sheaths for their fixed blades that are decent are their leather ones. Bulky pancake sheaths with 80 rivets in them are not good designs overall. They are clearly designed to meet a 'is functional' and price point. Not designed for the end user in mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Reading Rob's post, I was about to post the same. Most knife sheaths leave a lot to be desired. Especially for left-handed users!
    Yeah, but.......

How akin would that be to gun manufacturers including a holster with every pistol purchase? How often would it be the right holster for each end user?
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Yeah, but.......

How akin would that be to gun manufacturers including a holster with every pistol purchase? How often would it be the right holster for each end user?
    I would think you could solve a lot of that by considering the use the tool was designed around.

If it's a field tool, a field sheath/holster would be fine.

If it's a defensive tool, then an IWB sheath/holster would be fine.

I actually don't think it would be that hard to standardize a holster for many manufacturers. Kydex/Bolatron - there is an industry standard hole spacing. Taco pouch it, three holes below the grip with an offset clip, one with a tension adjustment, two on standard spacing for standard clips. Plastic/kydex clips would work fine, those of us in the know would opt for DCCs. Clip can be swapped left-to-right. Would it be perfect? Probably not, but most IWB straight-drop holsters can be easily configured to work L-R and AIWB or IWB. If someone wanted a cant, swap the straight clip for the an adjustable cant one. Slap some velcro and a junk pillow on it.

Similarly, a sheath can be the same. Taco pouch it TIGHT to the knife. There should be only a small amount of material below the blade. The difference versus a holster is you fold the taco so the holes end up along the spine of the blade (traditional blade, edge if reverse blade). This allows it to easily be carried AIWB, or IWB. If you want to go with on the belt, a Tek-Lok will bolt right in, because industry-standard hole spacing.

That's another issue with the G-Clip is it doesn't always match up with the hole spacing. It's very close, but because it is not perfectly square, it cannot mount into every configuration possible like a Tek-Lok, if they don't add eleventy-billion holes to their pancake sheaths.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Yeah, but.......

To some extent this is true, but Shivworks manages to supply well-designed sheathe with their knives. Bud Nealy used to supply a really nice multi-carry sheath system.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List