Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PSA Micro Dagger G43X/G48 Mags in Stock- Anyone tried them?

Back from the range.

Awesome performance!

Ran about 150 rounds of a mix of 115g fmj, 124 fmj, HST 124, Remington GS 147 bonded, Winchester Ranger 147 bonded, and Gold dots.

100% reliability. I ran a cold Bolke/Dobbs Advanced Super Test and then a follow up AST to start things off.

Name:  71113414982__77B6D2AD-2068-4D9D-B101-00CD8AFFF5AB.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  69.2 KB

Then I just pinged steel plates from the 25y line. Then switched over to support hand only with a mag of jhp because that’s where I can make pistols fail by limp wristing.

Gun just kept running. I couldn’t make it choke.

My only gripe is my right thumb hurts from that 15th round being so difficult to load.

Switched over to my Sig to run it some and had a nasty jam.

Name:  71113457370__99BE83C5-3347-4D0E-9A6F-984B3DE1CCD8.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  87.7 KB

Name:  71113460705__BF8BC2CE-7F0C-48C7-9E10-C0117BE828C0.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  27.9 KB

Name:  IMG_6876.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  76.1 KB

But back to the PSA mags: very happy with their performance and if they continue to run this good, I’ll buy a dozen.

Site Supporter
    I'll wait until they've got some more track records of success. I want them to - but I've witnessed too many shield mags just magically stop working to be optimistic currently. Might be a different story for these given enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    I'll wait until they've got some more track records of success. I want them to - but I've witnessed too many shield mags just magically stop working to be optimistic currently. Might be a different story for these given enough time.
    I plan on keeping them fully loaded with one of them in the gun (15+1) while it sits in the safe. I’ll try to run a box through it a couple of times a month.

I won’t be comfortable carrying it until I hit a few more hundred rounds through it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    I plan on keeping them fully loaded with one of them in the gun (15+1) while it sits in the safe. I’ll try to run a box through it a couple of times a month.

I won’t be comfortable carrying it until I hit a few more hundred rounds through it.
    Just don't let me ask you about them when if we're shooting on a range together. So far, every time I've asked how the S15's have worked for someone (great!!!) they start puking same day.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Just don't let me ask you about them when if we're shooting on a range together. So far, every time I've asked how the S15's have worked for someone (great!!!) they start puking same day.
    My brother's S15 gen 2s have never failed, but I never trusted them. Keeping the OEM mag release makes using 2 of the PSA mags as range mags until (if) they earn my trust while still carrying OEM for now very easy to do.

For roughly a year I’ve been using the Shield Arms mags, Gen 2, with the SA metal mag catch, in a G48. Hundreds of rounds of everything through each one. Never a single hiccup.

Nevertheless, so many people have reported issues that I ordered 3 of the PSA mags about a month ago to test out, and swapped the mag release back to stock. Today was the second range trip with them, and they’ve each now seen a solid 100 rounds of various stuff — STV Scorpio 124, Blazer Brass 124, Winchester NATO 124, Mesko 124, HST 124, Lost River +P 148, and Underwood 90gr Xtreme Penetrator. No issues whatsoever.

Just to be extra safe I’ll probably run another 50-75 rounds through 2 of them before marking them for carry, but based on my experience and that of others, it seems they’re good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    For roughly a year I’ve been using the Shield Arms mags, Gen 2, with the SA metal mag catch, in a G48. Hundreds of rounds of everything through each one. Never a single hiccup.

Nevertheless, so many people have reported issues that I ordered 3 of the PSA mags about a month ago to test out, and swapped the mag release back to stock. Today was the second range trip with them, and they’ve each now seen a solid 100 rounds of various stuff — STV Scorpio 124, Blazer Brass 124, Winchester NATO 124, Mesko 124, HST 124, Lost River +P 148, and Underwood 90gr Xtreme Penetrator. No issues whatsoever.

Just to be extra safe I’ll probably run another 50-75 rounds through 2 of them before marking them for carry, but based on my experience and that of others, it seems they’re good to go.
    Did you try using them or at least inserting and dropping the mag with they SA mag catch still in the gun. I know over time the steel will ware the polymer mag, I’m just wondering if the PSA mag will drop free with the SA catch or if it hangs up.

I’ve been running gen1 and 2 SA mags in two 48s for a while without issue, 3000 rounds so far. I ordered two of the PSA mags to try, not really worried about the wear issue over time, but am concerned if they will drop free.

Double post

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Did you try using them or at least inserting and dropping the mag with they SA mag catch still in the gun. I know over time the steel will ware the polymer mag, I’m just wondering if the PSA mag will drop free with the SA catch or if it hangs up.

I’ve been running gen1 and 2 SA mags in two 48s for a while without issue, 3000 rounds so far. I ordered two of the PSA mags to try, not really worried about the wear issue over time, but am concerned if they will drop free.
    Just for the hell of it I did do that before swapping back to the stock release. The PSA mag did not go in easily and did NOT drop free. In fact it was quite a struggle to wrench it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    Just for the hell of it I did do that before swapping back to the stock release. The PSA mag did not go in easily and did NOT drop free. In fact it was quite a struggle to wrench it out.
    Thanks that’s what I was afraid of.

User Tag List