Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: PSA Micro Dagger G43X/G48 Mags in Stock- Anyone tried them?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Always seems to come to that.

I'd be curious to read the patent. Seems like a pistol magazine is a pistol magazine. If either of them is an unusual or innovative design, it's the PSA.
    The patent is here.

The only unique feature I can see in the independent claims (claims 1 and 5) is the external rib on the front wall, and the dimensional relationship between the front and rear walls, including that rib, and the magazine well. I can see that being enough to qualify for a patent.

Although I would expect narrow claims for such a patent, they could potentially have been broader. I have not reviewed the prosecution history, but unless there is a factor I am unaware of, I would not have limited the claims to a polymer-framed pistol. Although most of the magazines they are improving upon are for polymer-framed pistols, I see no reason to limit the claim in this manner.
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 11-27-2023 at 09:56 PM.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Took my 3 mags to start breaking them in with 100 rounds of 124 STV and 50 124 HST. So far so good, aside from 1 FTFd.
    Noticed when using the OEM/OEM with +4 Ghost extensions the slide doesn't have trouble going into battery after firing.

With the PSA mags, after firing the slide seems to hesitate going back into battery. Feels like a USP where i can feel the slide reciprocating the entire time except the USP doesnt have that hesitation going back into battery. It becomes more noticeable if I hold down the trigger after firing, and when released the slide pops back into battery.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming this is due to the stiff spring used in the PSA mags (when loaded) applying heavy pressure against that ledge that connects to the breech face. It would explain the FTFd which in turn gives that hump/hesitation I'm feeling to chamber a round after firing.

----------------------------------------------

Sidenote: I am extremely impressed with the Glock 48. With stock sites I shot the 1st 10 shots with HST and got that group. Thinking it was a fluke, I moved down to 10 yards and hit that 14 round group. And then moved back to 15 yards and hit that 14 round group.

how to share your ebay page on facebook

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Shot 70 124 grain Blazer Brass and 20 124 standard pressure Gold Dots (10 in each of my 2 mags).

I really like the mags from a design and finish standpoint. The first time I loaded them they were super stiff, so they say loaded from Thursday til today, and then they were perfectly fine to load today.

Drew at 25 and 10 yards to a C zone steel 9 times to warm up and get 6 rounds left in the mag to shoot a Bakersfield.
    Shot a 92 Bakersfield, no malfunctions.
    Shot a few position entry and target transition drills for Hit factor on B8s, as that's how I've practiced for competition lately, no issues.
    Feeling pretty confident, I then loaded 2 rounds in each mag, and then shot the 2 rounds at a time right and and left handed to check for feed and lockback. I did this 6 times on each side, alternating hands and mags. Zero failures left handed, but I had one failure to extract/failure to feed shooting right handed. The case rim was still held by the extractor. I felt a just a little different behind the gun on that shot, but I might just be inserting that feeling retroactively, or the fact that it cycled differently is what felt different. This gun had had a very similar malfunction before, so it might not have been the mags.
    Then I shot an Advanced Super Test including 10 rounds of Gold Dots in each gun, zero issues.
    Attachment 107198

Let me know your thoughts on the malfunction.
    My brother in law, who I sold the pistol to in December, has a repeat of this mslfunction today. 2 weeks ago, my brother had this malfunction twice in 30 rounds after a few hundred rounds with no failures since August.

Unfortunately, we're ditching the PSA mags. We were unable to repeat the malfunction with OEM mags.

I purchased five mags last month and began vetting one of them to see if it was viable to carry. It was tedious, but apart from a handful of reloads everything I’ve shot over the past month and a half has been through a single magazine (labeled so as to keep track of it). Sample size of one magazine:

- 569 total rounds using a Glock 48 MOS
    - Includes 60 rounds Federal HST 124gr
    - No noted issues when dropping the mag on concrete or gravel
    - 1x stoppage - failure to feed at round 44. This occurred immediately after transferring from my strong hand to my weak hand. Ammo was 147gr Blazer Brass. I strongly suspect this stoppage was due to limp wristing and not the mag’s fault, and I have been unable to replicate it. Make of that what you will.

At this point I’m going to put my remaining four into my range bag and see how they work out for me.

User Tag List