Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: PSA Micro Dagger G43X/G48 Mags in Stock- Anyone tried them?

Site Supporter
    I have three and will order a few more this week. I've put just under 500 rounds through the three combined with no issues. A mix of 147 and124+P, both HST and Gold Dots. No issues in my 43x.

As long as they stay reliable I'm going to grab a 43x MOS. It'll solve the problem of the 365xl sitting in my safe that I really don't care for.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    For roughly a year I’ve been using the Shield Arms mags, Gen 2, with the SA metal mag catch, in a G48. Hundreds of rounds of everything through each one. Never a single hiccup.

Nevertheless, so many people have reported issues that I ordered 3 of the PSA mags about a month ago to test out, and swapped the mag release back to stock. Today was the second range trip with them, and they’ve each now seen a solid 100 rounds of various stuff — STV Scorpio 124, Blazer Brass 124, Winchester NATO 124, Mesko 124, HST 124, Lost River +P 148, and Underwood 90gr Xtreme Penetrator. No issues whatsoever.

Just to be extra safe I’ll probably run another 50-75 rounds through 2 of them before marking them for carry, but based on my experience and that of others, it seems they’re good to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    Ran another 45 rounds today through each of the 2 contenders for carry mags. Mostly STV Scorpio 124, with a sprinkling of Blazer Brass 124, HST 124 and Lost River +P 148. Flawless. I’ll put them through one more range trip and if they continue to run, I will consider them GTG for carry.
    Today, another 46 rounds through each of the 2 potential carry mags. 15 Igman 124, 15 HST 124, and 16 GD 124 +P per mag. Flawless. That’s ~200 flawless rounds now through each one.

I now pronounce them good to go.

Site Supporter
    Another 100 rounds of Blazer 124 today, no failures, lots of 1 handed shooting. Been carrying one mag I'd tested while carrying an OEM as a spare and continuing to test the 2nd PSA mag. Going to carry the 2 PSA mags now.

My initial three made it several hundred rounds in my PMM comped 43X with no issues so I ordered five more. This is significant to me because my gun stopped working with the Shield Arms mags when I installed the PMM comp and barrel (they warn of this possibility).

My only "complaint" is that I don't like the baseplates. The PSA logo looks a little tacky.

I’ve ran more rounds and still haven’t had a failure. I loaned out two of them to a friend and she ran a USPSA match with them. She had 100% reliability.

Ordered 5 more. One had to get shipped back to PSA. The return process, so far, is easy.

Name:  IMG_7134.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  27.5 KB

Name:  IMG_7133.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  24.5 KB

Won’t lock the slide open. Follower won’t come up far enough to engage the slide stop.

Site Supporter
    Looks like Shield Arms is pursuing legal action for patent infringement against PSA for the micro dagger mags.

Name:  IMG_3716.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  42.0 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Looks like Shield Arms is pursuing legal action for patent infringement against PSA for the micro dagger mags.

Name:  IMG_3716.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  42.0 KB
    Always seems to come to that.

I'd be curious to read the patent. Seems like a pistol magazine is a pistol magazine. If either of them is an unusual or innovative design, it's the PSA.

Site Supporter
    Still carrying and shooting my PSA mags in a 43x. No issues and they don't get babied. I dropped one hard and then put 500 rounds through it just to check. Still functions fine, but it's the training mag now.

My order of them came in. How many trouble free rounds should I feed each one before I deem them carry worthy? I did about 400 (mix of FMJs and HST) on my 2 OEM mags with Ghost +4 extensions before I started carrying one as backup and have the OEM 10 rounder in the 48.

If these mags work out, then my 48 turns into a slim Glock 19. 😁

I put a HolosunK and Streamlight on my G48MOS

I used 3 brand PSA 15 round mags and those bitches were hard to load to 15.

I had several hangups where the empty got captured by the slide. Think of an elongated stove pipe.

A simple tap rack fixed the issue.

Several times I felt the slide in my hand and wonder if I was the issue.

I do get made fun of my hand size.

I ran about 70 rounds and had about 4-5 same malfunctions. It could have been me slowing the slide down.... I need to try it again.

The mags from a load standpoint were no fun when I got to round #12 however they easily clicked into the pistol.

I might need a few clicks to move left.

If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

User Tag List