Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Stealth Arms Platypus

Shot one of these for the first time last night and I was impressed. As a dirty lefty I may hold out for the Oracle Arms p320 2011, but the Platty was pretty damn cool. The option “competition” trigger job that came on it was better than I expected for a $1600’ish 2011 clone.

Quote Originally Posted by 2501 View Post
    As a dirty lefty I may hold out for the Oracle Arms p320 2011...
    What does the 2311 offer that the Papyrus doesn't? Reversible mag release?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    What does the 2311 offer that the Papyrus doesn't? Reversible mag release?

Ambi slide release. I still use a RH mag release because I grew up shooting pre-Gen4 Glocks.

Shot one of these for the first time last night and I was impressed. As a dirty lefty I may hold out for the Oracle Arms p320 2011, but the Platty was pretty damn cool. The option “competition” trigger job that came on it was better than I expected for a $1600’ish 2011 clone.
    FWIW I emailed them a few months back to ask about making the Platipus with a reversed mag release since Glock mags are cut for it and they said they were working on it but won't be until much later in 2024.

Honestly I kind of think it would be easy to design so I'm not sure what would make it take that long but that's what they said.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    FWIW I emailed them a few months back to ask about making the Platipus with a reversed mag release since Glock mags are cut for it and they said they were working on it but won't be until much later in 2024.

Honestly I kind of think it would be easy to design so I'm not sure what would make it take that long but that's what they said.
    I dislike the slide stop sticking out the right side of the frame. As a lefty, I’ve induced some awesome malfunctions on 1911/2011s before by pushing that out of place with my support hand thumb. My Springer Pro was recessed and flush fit, and it looks like Staccato is finally doing it with some of their newer models. While the Platty is pretty damn cool, I’m more interested in the Oracle as a non traditional 2011 because their ambi slide stop will prevent that malfunction from being a possibility.

I dislike the slide stop sticking out the right side of the frame. As a lefty, I’ve induced some awesome malfunctions on 1911/2011s before by pushing that out of place with my support hand thumb. My Springer Pro was recessed and flush fit, and it looks like Staccato is finally doing it with some of their newer models. While the Platty is pretty damn cool, I’m more interested in the Oracle as a non traditional 2011 because their ambi slide stop will prevent that malfunction from being a possibility.

Ahh fair enough. I'm a righty but I have small hands so I like to move the mag releases to the other side and use my trigger finger to press the mag release. If I use my thumb I have to break my grip. So I emailed them to ask about a reversable mag release.

Ahh fair enough. I'm a righty but I have small hands so I like to move the mag releases to the other side and use my trigger finger to press the mag release. If I use my thumb I have to break my grip. So I emailed them to ask about a reversable mag release.
    I leave mag releases in RH config and just use my middle finger on my LH to drop a mag. I’ve been doing that for 20+ years on pretty much every gun. Now that almost all guns are ambi, I should probably try and retrain myself, but old dogs with new tricks and all.

I had outpatient surgery on my shooting arm about 6 weeks ago and I’m not supposed to be shooting. That said, I shot a match on Saturday and had to use my support hand to use the mag release, didn’t have the finger dexterity to work anything but the trigger lol.

The Papyrus should have been designed from the jump to work with the Gen 4 Glock mag release. It would have required a bit more material in the front strap to account for the spring but I don't think anyone would have cared.

While we're at it the slide should have been cut to accept Glock front sights. I'm sure Stealth could have also moved the optic cut forward or back a little to make room for a G43 rear sight dovetail.

User Tag List