Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Stealth Arms Platypus

Stealth Arms Platypus

I rolled the dice and ordered a Platypus Commander and it took just over two months to arrive. I've only had the chance to put 100 rounds through it and I was not disappointed. The pistol performed flawlessly and the recoil was minimal. At 15 yards I kept a nice tight group. I went with the Holosun optic cut in the event I decide to put a RDS on it.

The pistol comes with two 17 round Glock OEM magazines and I had three 21 rounds Magpul magazines and I didn't have any malfunctions. I hope to get to the range tomorrow and I plan on putting 200 rounds through it.

Name:  DSCN1729.jpg
Views: 3415
Size:  39.0 KB

Name:  DSCN1730.jpg
Views: 2332
Size:  36.4 KB

Name:  DSCN1731.jpg
Views: 3130
Size:  54.4 KB

Name:  DSCN1732.jpg
Views: 2212
Size:  44.0 KB

Name:  DSCN1734.jpg
Views: 2186
Size:  47.9 KB

Name:  DSCN1735.jpg
Views: 2201
Size:  63.7 KB
    You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.

I dig the choice Commander with a rail and squared off trigger guard. Love to hear updates as your experiences continue.

There’s cool optics out there. Do you have any optics or rail systems that you’re considering for use on the gun?
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

How does the grip texture on the sides feel?

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    I dig the choice Commander with a rail and squared off trigger guard. Love to hear updates as your experiences continue.

There’s cool optics out there. Do you have any optics or rail systems that you’re considering for use on the gun?
    I had the Holosun optic cut done so I can put either a 407k or 507k on it. I'm not sure if I'm going to put a light on it, but I wanted the rail in case I decided to go that route.
    You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by matt7184 View Post
    To be honest, it's not very grippy. It looks cool, but that's about it.

Cool pistol!

That grip angle just looks a little off for a 1911…..

I find myself more and more interested in this gun.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by matt7184 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglefrq View Post
    To be honest, it's not very grippy. It looks cool, but that's about it.
    I wondered about that myself since there's no panels to change or plastic to stipple. I guess grip tape or one of those adhesive and sand treatments are the only options?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I'm actually surprised I haven't ordered one of these yet. I've had the gun in the shopping cart a few times but haven't talked myself into making the actual purchase. Honestly a Platypus would have probably been a better purchase over the Girsan 2311.

Anyway, the only complaints this fellow has is the guide rod unscrewing occasionally. That should be easy enough to fix. He also has some failures to lock open with extended base plates. I assume he's running 10 coil springs here?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

User Tag List