Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: awp_101’s Non-Glock “Glock” mega thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I’ve tried Brownells, AIM, Combat ArmoryRemsport(x2) and Lonewolf. None worked with the factory trigger of the full size frame.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

So far i've tried out two Shadow Systems, two P80's, and a Nomad 9. I like the Shadow Systems frames the best but think gen 4 triggers suck, the P80's next (only because i had a few issues with certain trigger bars jumping the connector on certain combinations but ergonomically they were great), and the Nomad last (it was too slick despite texture all over and I just don't like the general shape much).

The one i'm most interested in trying is a Zev OZ9. I've handled one in a shop and it was great. If i come across a duty model for sub 1k one day when i'm looking to buy then i'm game to try it.

My buddy was over with a Shadow Systems xr920. I dropped a gen 5 g19 mos slide on it and put in a glock oem performance trigger. I only got to do some dry presses and presentations but it felt great and if it runs, would certainly be a preferred non glock setup in my experience so far.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    So far i've tried out two Shadow Systems, two P80's, and a Nomad 9. I like the Shadow Systems frames the best but think gen 4 triggers suck, the P80's next (only because i had a few issues with certain trigger bars jumping the connector on certain combinations but ergonomically they were great), and the Nomad last (it was too slick despite texture all over and I just don't like the general shape much).

The one i'm most interested in trying is a Zev OZ9. I've handled one in a shop and it was great. If i come across a duty model for sub 1k one day when i'm looking to buy then i'm game to try it.

My buddy was over with a Shadow Systems xr920. I dropped a gen 5 g19 mos slide on it and put in a glock oem performance trigger. I only got to do some dry presses and presentations but it felt great and if it runs, would certainly be a preferred non glock setup in my experience so far.
    The Combat Armory frame feels very similar to the SS frame. At least to me. I’m not worried about the changeable backstraps.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Got my dot in for my dagger. Hopefully the weather cooperates and I can get out with it tomorrow. Also picked up a new red dot for my polymer80 with aim surplus rmr slide (votatu pmd504 obviously from China but I had some Amazon money and this got decent reviews so will see)
    Name:  4816D160-1051-41E5-9A85-8F9DAC9944FB.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  100.5 KB
    Name:  7269350C-3F87-49D9-92B0-D06D3A88B745.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  101.3 KB
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Well, I stopped at the range on my lunch break and put 50 rounds through the Dagger full size frame. I’m officially done with dicking around with it. It would mostly fire, but occasionally the trigger could be pulled and it would be a dead trigger since it slipped off the bottom of the striker and failed to pull the striker back. If it won’t work with the PSA factory trigger and Glock OEM Striker and it won’t work with a Glock trigger and striker then I’m not gonna spend any more time and ammo with it. Which is too bad since I kinda liked this combo:
    Name:  12C36D35-D3E4-44EA-B801-B2AF836A1104.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  72.1 KB

I’ll drop this top end on the compact frame and see what happens.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

That’s too bad @Lon. What are your plans for that frame now? Will PSA do a partial return?

In other news, I can confirm the LTT grip anchor ALMOST fits the CA frame. It’s close enough that I think it could be done with some minor reshaping on either part but I’m not going to try unless I find out the grip anchor helps me on the 19.4
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Was able to run my dagger for a quick range zero session as it was over 100 degrees but it seems to do pretty well got it zeroed at 10 yards with some Speer 147 grain g2. My range 147 freedom munitions did pretty well too. Grip does seem slicker than I’m used to so may try some tape. But so far so good. The polymer80 with the votatu pmd504 was having some intermittent issues with the dot disappearing so I’m going to have to test it a bit more. Name:  87ADD79E-15B7-4E8A-AF77-7AB062B8BFCE.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  38.9 KBName:  4290989D-FCBF-4DA0-AC97-8399C6B7C86D.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  43.6 KB
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Well, I stopped at the range on my lunch break and put 50 rounds through the Dagger full size frame. I’m officially done with dicking around with it. It would mostly fire, but occasionally the trigger could be pulled and it would be a dead trigger since it slipped off the bottom of the striker and failed to pull the striker back. If it won’t work with the PSA factory trigger and Glock OEM Striker and it won’t work with a Glock trigger and striker then I’m not gonna spend any more time and ammo with it. Which is too bad since I kinda liked this combo:
    Name:  12C36D35-D3E4-44EA-B801-B2AF836A1104.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  72.1 KB

I’ll drop this top end on the compact frame and see what happens.
    I put a factory G trigger in my full size last night and it “worked” over 40-50 hand cycles using the Remsport slide, with and without the mag. It’s going with me for today’s range trip so we’ll see.

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

So we've discovered how to make Glocks even uglier?

I'll let myself out.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    So we've discovered how to make Glocks even uglier?

I'll let myself out.
    As someone who's been Glock-ambivalent for years, all I can say is....

Name:  not helping cat.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  34.2 KB

User Tag List