Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: awp_101’s Non-Glock “Glock” mega thread

Combat armory has blem frames for 29.99. Sale ends tonight b

https://www.combatarmory.com/blemish...lock-included/
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

So far, my Dagger experience hasn’t been the greatest. Again. I really like the frame size/shape/micro-stippling, but the way they did the internals just makes me shake my head. Any of the other frames I have a I can totally strip down with a Glock tool. These require hammer and roll pin punches. Anyway, here’s a video of the issue(s) I had. Stock trigger wouldn’t engage the striker so the trigger never reset. Put in a Glock trigger and it worked. For about 20 dry fires. Then the striker started skipping off the cross while resetting the trigger. I could only get it to do that with a magazine in. Put in a different Glock trigger and it stopped doing that. Video of said issues:

I switched out the compact frame trigger to a Glock trigger just to get a better trigger pull.

Gonna try to get to the range tomorrow to shoot them both.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    So far, my Dagger experience hasn’t been the greatest. Again.
    Concur. The compact frame is exhibiting the same trigger issue as the first compact frame I bought and the full size has the same DOA trigger as yours. I have not done any parts swapping yet.

The youngest boy picked up a complete compact Dagger a month or two ago and hasn’t had any issues. Right now my thinking is to fix the compact trigger and gift him the frame. To be fair, I ordered these before firing the first compact frame and I really prefer my 19.4 over the compact Dagger.

I will get the full size frame up and running then use it as a G45-ish test mule.

The CA frame feels better than the Dagger-C or SCT frame but I’m afraid I’m in for another round of slide bite before I know for sure we’re compatible.

I’m blessed/cursed with the tinkering gene. I enjoy assembling ARs, 10/22s, Ruger MK series, etc and there’s a real draw to these aftermarket Glocks but unless the CA frame works out, I might be tapping out on these.

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I’m blessed/cursed with the tinkering gene. I enjoy assembling ARs, 10/22s, Ruger MK series, etc and there’s a real draw to these aftermarket Glocks but unless the CA frame works out, I might be tapping out on these.
    We must be distantly related cuz I have the same gene.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    We must be distantly related cuz I have the same gene.
    Name:  feel pain.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  49.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Concur. The compact frame is exhibiting the same trigger issue as the first compact frame I bought and the full size has the same DOA trigger as yours. I have not done any parts swapping yet.

The youngest boy picked up a complete compact Dagger a month or two ago and hasn’t had any issues. Right now my thinking is to fix the compact trigger and gift him the frame. To be fair, I ordered these before firing the first compact frame and I really prefer my 19.4 over the compact Dagger.

I will get the full size frame up and running then use it as a G45-ish test mule.

The CA frame feels better than the Dagger-C or SCT frame but I’m afraid I’m in for another round of slide bite before I know for sure we’re compatible.

Which slides are you using with your dagger frames? The slide rails in the dagger frame sits slightly different than Glock factory frames and the dagger slides also appear to have tighter tolerances for the frame rails. How the slide/frame fits with the PSA frame and other slides may affect the trigger reliability due to level of striker engagement.

Quote Originally Posted by matt7184 View Post
    Which slides are you using with your dagger frames? The slide rails in the dagger frame sits slightly different than Glock factory frames and the dagger slides also appear to have tighter tolerances for the frame rails. How the slide/frame fits with the PSA frame and other slides may affect the trigger reliability due to level of striker engagement.
    I’ve tried Brownells, AIM, Combat Armory(x2) and Lonewolf. None worked with the factory trigger of the full size frame.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Quote Originally Posted by matt7184 View Post
    Remsport slide which worked fine on my first Dagger-C frame once I replaced the PSA trigger assembly with a factory Glock trigger assembly. When I gut the SCT frame for it's parts I'll try that trigger bar in both new Dagger frames to see if it solves the problems.

I had been using a Dagger RMR cut slide on my Gen4 G19, with a Strike Industries adapter and the Dagger recoil spring and the Gen4 barrel. Mounted a Holosun 507c. Had no issues( other than optic mounting ones caused by me) for about 500 rounds.

Finally got a Dagger frame during one of the sales, and $39 AIM Surplus stainless barrel.
    200ish or so more rounds with no issue. But today finally had issues. Failures to extract every 4-5 rounds, with both factory Glock mags, Ed Brown mags, and Magpul. Using both Blazer aluminum and Federal 147gr Syntech.

Wasn't carrying the G19, so couldn't swap in the barrel to confirm, but I think the AIM barrel was the root cause.

User Tag List