Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: awp_101’s Non-Glock “Glock” mega thread

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    So thinking and ruminating some more about these builds, I “made” a not-G45 with the Dagger-C slide and F frame. Is there an option to build a not-G47 using an aftermarket 17 slide? Or am I limited to something like the Brownells G19LS slide and barrel?

I don’t know what physical changes Glock made for the 47 to use the 19 RSA.
    You can use a 17 length slide w adapter from LW to fill the gap and a G17.5 barrel. You’ll probably need a different guide rod. I used this:https://cpwsa.com/product/frank-proctor-guide-rod/
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Thanks! I enjoy the not-G45 enough that I’m not sure if I want to build another or go with a not-47 next.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

For those of you who want a G17/34 sized frame, I give you the SCT full size for $90:

https://aimsurplus.com/products/sct-...eid=256553db86
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

GritGrips Glock 19 frame

Found a new frame to try out. I’ve read that the same guy that designed the Dagger frame came up with this design. It’s all Gen 3 except the magazine release. Texture is very nice. Grippy, but not crazy grippy. There is a hot spot in the circled area that I may have to smooth down a bit. @$75 shipped for a completely stripped frame.

https://gritgrips.com

Name:  IMG_4589.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  100.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_4590.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  63.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_4586.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  63.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_4585.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  71.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_4587.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  56.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_4588.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  48.0 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.

That's a good looking texture. Maybe roughly on par with skateboard tape but not quite as aggressive?

I ran across a great name for these builds, it's a Mock 19 (or 45, 17, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    That's a good looking texture. Maybe roughly on par with skateboard tape but not quite as aggressive?

I ran across a great name for these builds, it's a Mock 19 (or 45, 17, etc).
    Mock 19, I like it.

Depends on the skateboard tape. I’d say a little bit more aggressive than the skateboard tape I used to use. Not as aggressive as the non-skid tape I bought from a fire supply store years ago. That was the tape they used on areas of a fire truck.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

I like that @Lon!
    So you know if Gen 3 magwells still fit?

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I like that @Lon!
    So you know if Gen 3 magwells still fit?
    They won’t. The back of the frame doesn’t have that half moon cut out. But it’s got a nice big opening already. Not sure it’ll be a big deal.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    They won’t. The back of the frame doesn’t have that half moon cut out. But it’s got a nice big opening already. Not sure it’ll be a big deal.
    Not a deal breaker but I like a magwell lip to give my pinky extra leverage and they look cool which is almost the most important thing.

User Tag List