Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: awp_101’s Non-Glock “Glock” mega thread

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Not a deal breaker but I like a magwell lip to give my pinky extra leverage and they look cool which is almost the most important thing.
    Understood. I do the same thing on some of mine.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Found a new frame to try out. I’ve read that the same guy that designed the Dagger frame came up with this design.
    It is. He was also involved with the TX22 and a few other handgun designs. Good guy.

I've got to get a couple of those frames ordered up after getting bit by the red dot bug.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I like that @Lon!
    So you know if Gen 3 magwells still fit?
    I believe there was discussion that a magwell would be forthcoming. GG does have a Dagger magwell, so I imagine one for this frame could be coming in short order.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    It is. He was also involved with the TX22 and a few other handgun designs. Good guy.

I've got to get a couple of those frames ordered up after getting bit by the red dot bug.

I believe there was discussion that a magwell would be forthcoming. GG does have a Dagger magwell, so I imagine one for this frame could be coming in short order.
    I took some sand paper to the hot spots last night, which helped a lot. With the understanding that I know nothing about manufacturing techniques, I wonder how hard it would be to make the mag opening more streamlined like when you add this CHPWS Speed Chute:

Name:  IMG_4611.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  34.9 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

I asked Grit Grips about the chances of their doing a Gen5 19 compatible frame, and this was their reply (they said it was ok to share: )

Eventually, we will. But we will do some other frames first... g43x/48, G17 gen 3, sig 320 & 365
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I asked Grit Grips about the chances of their doing a Gen5 19 compatible frame, and this was their reply (they said it was ok to share: )
    Same reply when I asked about a Gen 4 frame.

Great thread - so much good info!

I have a really quick question. I have a spare Glock 45, and I want to buy a Nomad 9 (gen 5) frame for it. Will my G45/17 frame parts work in a G19 sized frame, or will I have to buy a G19-specific lower kit? Thanks for any responses!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Great thread - so much good info!

I have a really quick question. I have a spare Glock 45, and I want to buy a Nomad 9 (gen 5) frame for it. Will my G45/17 frame parts work in a G19 sized frame, or will I have to buy a G19-specific lower kit? Thanks for any responses!
    I think everything is the same. I don’t remember buying a full size frame specific kit for my Mock 45.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I think everything is the same. I don’t remember buying a full size frame specific kit for my Mock 45.
    Awesome, thank you! I’ll give it a try.

This thread has been bad for my wallet 😂. I just purchased a full Mock 19 setup - Combat Armory frame, Brownells RMR cut Gen 3 slide/barrel, OEM lower and slide kits, Dawson sights.

I did have 1 more question for those that may know - will the Brownells slide fit in PF.com approved AIWB holsters (Tenicor, JMCK, DSG)? I’ve read that they may have some holster compatibility issues but wasn’t sure how accurate that was.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Awesome, thank you! I’ll give it a try.

This thread has been bad for my wallet 😂. I just purchased a full Mock 19 setup - Combat Armory frame, Brownells RMR cut Gen 3 slide/barrel, OEM lower and slide kits, Dawson sights.

I did have 1 more question for those that may know - will the Brownells slide fit in PF.com approved AIWB holsters (Tenicor, JMCK, DSG)? I’ve read that they may have some holster compatibility issues but wasn’t sure how accurate that was.
    Check your other thread for pic. Brownells slide works fine in JMCK.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Check your other thread for pic. Brownells slide works fine in JMCK.
    Responded to ya there. Thanks again.

FYI for those who may be in the market - I picked up 2 Brownells windowed gen 3 RMR cut slides for $99/each. There was no way I could pass up that deal.

User Tag List